Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The open iris will make the focus softer, because only a narrow plane of the image will be in focus. This will get worse as you increase your zoom.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

Originally posted by Stefanus_maximus View Post
      I have a relly good UV-filter, maybe it will make the picture look a bit better and bring some colors back.
      No. A UV filter does nothing to the visible spectrum of light. It really doesn't do anything at all for digital work.

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

Originally posted by David Jimerson View Post
        No. A UV filter does nothing to the visible spectrum of light. It really doesn't do anything at all for digital work.

I must say, that the quality of the picture is better with one. Or let's say it seems to look better.
        I don't know why.

I use a Hoya HD UV-Filter, sometimes a cir-pol.

by "better quality" I mean this, looks like: http://kago.biz/wp-content/uploads/2...viy-filter.jpg

I use a KR12 filter to get better white balanced coloring for this "old movie" look. That one really works well.
        I tested a green-filter to get better black and white picture, works also pretty good.

Comment

A "cir-pol" is a polarizer. Those photos were taken as "before and after" with a polarizer filter, not a UV filter. (Another version of that same photo group is here: http://www.digitaltoyshop.co.uk/Circ...tem_t1450_6381)

They are not the same thing. A polarizer, if used properly, can be a helpful tool in bright sunlight, especially in cutting through haze. A UV filter doesn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by David Jimerson View Post
            A "cir-pol" is a polarizer. Those photos were taken as "before and after" with a polarizer filter, not a UV filter. (Another version of that same photo group is here: http://www.digitaltoyshop.co.uk/Circ...tem_t1450_6381)

They are not the same thing. A polarizer, if used properly, can be a helpful tool in bright sunlight, especially in cutting through haze. A UV filter doesn't do that.

I just tested the polarizer outside with the film-look-settings and some color corrections by my own.
            Now, I got the look I was looking for.
            Thank you =)

Comment

V/H/S II Look

I just saw V/H/S part II.
              They used a DVX100 in this "religious massacre" segment.
              I wonder what the scene files could have been.
              The footage looks pretty "filmish" campared to the other shots that where made with some kind of sony or jvc camcorder that shot HD, I think.
              The picture was dark and had high contrast, but really cool.
              Anybody know how to get the information?
              I can't compare my shots with the movie, because I don't own a DVD or such,yet.

Comment

any suggestions for the "days of heaven" look?

http://biomechanicalrhetoric.files.w..._blu-ray7x.jpg

I tried:
                detail level -4
                Vdetail -4
                detail coring+3
                chroma -7
                chroma phase +1
                color temp -6
                master ped +7
                iris -4

cinematrix
                Last edited by Stefanus_maximus; 11-02-2013, 07:00 AM.

Comment

I see alot of people setting their detail level at -3 but wouldnt you want the picture more on the sharper side? I set mines to 2 or 3 lately ive been liking it. But any higher than that and it starts to look to too sharp. Any thoughts?

Also, what does a. iris do? where shuld i have that set?

Comment

Working...
                  X