Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DVX at an Amusement Park

thanks guys.

triseven- i dont know if 24pa is any better then 24p. i shoot 24pa all the time, just a personal preference realy. i dont have any technical reasons why i do.

Chocho- sweet! you will be happy. the artists is Amon Tobin. I think all of his music is seriously bitchin!
    www.richlee.com
    Photos
    IMDB Page
    www.dnala.com

Comment

Rich ! - I love it !
      That 'circular-saw' start to the music is perfect for that opening shot. - Whole edit has the most atmospheric 'shady' feel to it - best match of sound and vision I've seen on this site yet. Where can I see more of your stuff ? Keep up the good work !! Paul. ( ' must get some Amon Tobin too - do you have album name ? tnx!)

Comment

24Pa is better than 24P - when viewing on a progressive monitor. Rather than seeing 60i video, with a 3:2 pulldown, which has THEN been converted to a progressive format for streaming, we're seeing the original 24P frames, playing natively. on a TV, there isn't much difference, but definitely on a computer monitor there is, for sure.
        It's like going to a movie theatre - there's honestly nothing exactly like it!

Rich,
        That was really good. I loved the feel it had, as others have said, eerie, and yet also playful. The stuff looked great, and I can't wait to see some more of your stuff!
        Mike Donis
        Toronto, Ontario Canada

Comment

Your stuff rocks. I liked the drug video.

Comment

Control_Lab- thanks man. that edit came together real fast. i like that kinda stuff, just go shoot somethig, and then edit it to some music. its a fun way to experiment. when i first got a dvcam i went a shot a bunch of stuff in and around la. then cut it to some really creepy electronica music, and gave it a harsh green tint. the whole thing felt very toxic..especialy with the la smog. wish i had that thing still, got lost in a hd failure

Mike_Donis- sweet. glad your diggin it. i should have a music video ready to upload in a few weeks. i'll post it when its ready.

jigmic-thanks dude, the drug thing was a cool little experiment. messing with blur and speedramps. im really happy with the look of it. i would like to do something more with that visual style at some point.
            www.richlee.com
            Photos
            IMDB Page
            www.dnala.com

Comment

That should be an anti-drug add for tv. It makes me not want to do drugs.

Comment

Hey Rich, do you still have this video lying around somewhere? I really enjoyed it back in the day!
                Cameras
                AJA CION
                Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Comment

Hey Mike,
                  you are trolling the old post as well eh!
                  MDKfilms - Sound & Film production

Comment

I came across the amon tobin song he used and the video just rushed back into my head and I had an urge to watch it.. was one of the videos that made me get my DVX100A in 2005. Learned a lot from that camera!
                    Cameras
                    AJA CION
                    Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Comment

Working...
                    X