The little camera that could aka more ski footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The little camera that could aka more ski footage

I sometimes feel small and inferior amongst all my peers shooting on the HVX and RED. Even sometimes the 5D makes me feel lame (not often).

But the DVX just keeps reminding me what a great camera she really is.

http://vimeo.com/21993462
    Originally posted by TimurCivan
    one is french and its different for that reason.

Man, cameras may come and go, but you remain the King of the DVX... always awesome, never inferior! CCR- interesting music choice, it works!

I want to see a BTS on how you get to your shooting spots (just a backpack, skis and poles?) and set up (handheld?).

Comment

The song's there because it was made in America!

Perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by groveChuck View Post
        Man, cameras may come and go, but you remain the King of the DVX... always awesome, never inferior! CCR- interesting music choice, it works!

I want to see a BTS on how you get to your shooting spots (just a backpack, skis and poles?) and set up (handheld?).
        Haha thanks man.
        that day I was actually using just snowshoes because my backcountry setup is insanely uncomfortable and I don't have an addiquate pack for camera gear plus backcountry gear. Check out my Vimeo page for a quick bts style clip I shot on my phone...

Comment

Thanks for the BTS, a lot of waiting for the skiers, I guess...

Comment

Very cool, with my first DV Camera, as a manager. I even called it the little camera that could. ;-)
            Jan Crittenden Livingston
            Panasonic System Communications Corporation
            Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

Comment

The dvx is a lot more hardy to...at my old school someone dropped it down a ski slop once and all it had was a few scratches when I skied after it and got it at the bottom. I don't know that other cameras can handle such abuse.

Comment

I don't know of any other video camera that would stand up to the kind of abuse I've put this gal through. Mud, sand, dirt, rain, ocean sorry, she's been covered in snow multiple times, dropped, I've fallen/crashed with her on my back multiple times... the recording heads are starting to show some signs of all the abuse but that is it... panasonic created something truly beautiful.

Grove, you have no idea. That pit took 5 minutes to build, and it took me about 5 more minutes for me to fall asleep, cold a$$ and all. Average lap time for that line is 2 hours.

Comment

do you use fcp?

Comment

Originally posted by genrerolla610 View Post
                    do you use fcp?
                    Premiere and AfterEffects

Comment

Working...
                    X