Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you need a place to host your footage...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you need a place to host your footage...

I'm going to try this out. I've got 3TB of monthly bandwidth and I'm not using much of it right now, so I wanted to offer it up to all of the folks who are showing their footage on youtube and/or don't have a place to host their own footage.

First, you should really get a domain name and some hosting space... it's probably the cheapest investment you will make, and one of the most valuable (next to a dvxuser battery )

Anyways, for anyone who needs a place to host footage, I have set up a subdomain dvxuser.ramjetfilms.com and ftp access for it. This is available to any dvxuser member wishing to have a place to host their footage for display. It doesn't have to be from just the HVX or DVX.

If your clip name was "brevis35HVX.mov" then the direct link to RIGHT CLICK AND DOWNLOAD would be dvxuser.ramjetfilms.com/brevis35HVX.mov

PM me for the ftp username and password if you ever need it.

The deal is: if I ever feel it is being abused, then it goes away entirely.

Feel free to use it for it's intended purpose. To show your footage on dvxuser to other dvxuser members.

pm me for details.
    Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

and, if anyone else wants to volunteer to do the same, that would be cool, and add yourself to the list here.

Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    and...

Comment

I'll join the bandwagon. I also have just set up the site dvxuser.untoldvoyage.com. PM me for details on ftp access. I have an absurd amount of space and feel like sharing the wealth for free.

Jason, we could also maybe try to setup an automated backup (cron job) of all the files on each other's server. That way, if one of us goes down, it is likely that we will have it on the other server.

Any way. It's time we got rid of those crappy youtube videos and showed all our work off in the proper manner. Note that I will lock the amount of space available to this ftp account to 100GB. So, don't be a hog with your file sizes. I'll do my best to keep track of when it is filling up.

Comment

Maybe I can get Larry R to work up something simple similar to what he has done for the fests.

I'll ask him about it.

Thanks for contributing.
        Jason

Accept No Imitations.
        and...

Comment

Sure thing. I can go up to 200 GB if we need it.

Comment

That's really nice of you guys! Good initiative
            "Ninja's are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet." - www.realultimatepower.net/

Comment

Thanks alot for this. I plan on using it at some point in the future if possible.
              Ryerson student of Radio & Television
              http://vimeo.com/user309515
              http://08109139643.tumblr.com/

Comment

I too will join the fray! I have about 100GB of space that is unused as of now. I'd be willing to host anyones videos as long as they are under 300MB in size and arent offensive (no pron or illegal stuff, but that is left open to interpritation). PM me if your interested.
                Originally posted by TimurCivan
                one is french and its different for that reason.

Comment

I run filmfo.com
                  Its the youtube for filmmakers, upload your footage, there is a test footage section. This way more people can see the great videos you guys all make. Upload your movies, bloopers any thing about film making.

Thanks
                  www.rubyfilmz.com

Comment

Jason:
                    I have 385 MB of edited .avi footage that I shot to take a look at 24-PA with my Panasonic DVX 100B. When I compress with H.264 to export from Premiere Pro, the size is nearly identical (387 MB) but the quality is much lower than the .avi video. I can greatly compress the .avi file with Adobe Flash Encoder if that's something you'd prefer? Bottomline...can I upload my .avi 385MB video, and HOW do I go about that?
                    Thanks for your help. (I have uploaded several pieces to YouTube.)

Comment

Working...
                    X