Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVX100A for sale.. you can have it now :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVX100A for sale.. you can have it now :)

lol... looks legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2969229103

Re: DVX100A for sale.. you can have it now

That's pretty interesting, but I guarantee that it does not come with a Panasonic US warrante. I do wonder however, how much it will actually list for when it does hit the states, and Canada for all of my neighbors to the north, (and it seems like there are a lot of you).
    The price seems rather high for something that is replacing the pre existing product. It is cool to see it for sale though, thanks for the post.

Comment

This is the sellers website

http://www.big10media.com/agdvx100a.htm

I am unsure what warranty it will come with. they seem to be based in Florida.

I am sure the price will drop one panasonic has cleared all DVX100 inventory from the warehouses, probally down to or close to the original retail of the DVX100, but it may take a few months to get it down.

Comment

Wow, very tempting. But I agree, it is expensive especially if the price is sure to go down. The cost of being an early adopter I guess. Anyone want to contact them to see if the warranty is valid?

Comment

Some of their other products claim they come with a Japanese warranty so I'm sure that applies here too. And they list a branch in Japan so these are obviously grey market. At least we know the price isn't going to be 5K!

Comment

You're probably right, Rich. And the company isn't listed on Panasonic's website as an authorized dealer, further evidence that the warranty is probably not covered in the US. Would be pretty nice to work with one already though, perhaps DVX User could obtain one for review purposes?  ;D

Comment

Yes.. And as of now on Panasonic's print advertising for the DVX100 they have a warning about buying products from retailers that are not on thier list and warranties like the Mac etc they wont allow.. pretty hardcore.

Comment

On the plus side, Japan is an NTSC country, so we North Americans wouldn't have to worry about compatibility.

Point of curiosity, though -- the box clearly says Panasonic, and I thought that was the North American marketing arm of Matsu****a. Would a Japanese model carry that branding?

Hmmm. Kinda looks like an unauthorized pre-release North American model to me. Or, a complete forgery of the box (doesn't really match the 100 box, does it?) and materials. Shay-dee!

LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

Matsu****a isnt really a panasonic thing.. they are the parent company that owns Panasonic, JVC, Technics, etc..

Comment

[quote author=Zoomforce link=board=nws;num=1070299726;start=0#0 date=12/01/03 at 09:28:46]lol... looks legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2969229103
                    [/quote]

The auction mentioned above is my auction. I have revised the listing so the ad clearly states it is an NTSC, Panasonic Japan model with Panasonic Japan warranty. Fed Ex tracking number: 792522463942 to Florida. Thanks for pointing it out Zoomforce!

Comment

Working...
                    X