defective dvx100a units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: defective dvx100a units?

Since my post on 16 February, it is very releiveing to see lots of credible, expert opinions and 'fact sheets' over this CREATED issue.

Bye the way I have found that besides the chroma settings, the DETAIL CORING adjustments have been VERY HELPFUL in addressing the grainy dark shots, effectively.
    Aejaz

Comment

I guess this is why me and so many others received cameras with resealed and "inspected by panasonic broadcast" tape on ther units, and why all of my calls to Panasonic go unanswered while I am losing $1200.00 on a shoot for a client who doesn't want to pay us because our originals, shot with 100 don't match quality of 100a, and panasonic doesn't answer my calls, and insted sends me away from their service center to a mom and pop service repair in Tucker. Ga., I am on hold for 1hr 10min with panasonic only to hear there are no problems, but the production manager won't call me back. I have three cameras;over 10K spent with panasonic, but they won't call me back-Oh Well, I'm all alone.

Comment

victor ,
        im not sure i can sympathise here. there really is no easily distiguishable difference between the dvx100, and the 100a in terms of quality if they were used with the same settings. try as people may to instigate this myth, i would be willing to bet that nobody could point to one over the other and tell me which is which in a comparison shoot with the same settings used. if the "quality" is different, its cause you didnt take the time to match the settings you used. im assuming its only going to be a matter of the picture being different though, cause the gamma and a couple other minor things can be different on the "a" but even still its not anything so shockingly different that anyone would really notice without looking for it after some color correction.

Comment

Hmmm... too much noise and low volume... I think on the DVX100 at least that's called "standard settings and interpretations"; that is, too much sharpening and an audio meter "Red zone" at -12dB... I thought these were problems on my camera as well, until I made the adjustments and realizations...

-Barry
          "I'd like to say that I've never come across two know nothing pretenders on the weird wide web before, but unfortunately it's all too common and is exactly why, according to the last government survey, only 5% of all internet users ever use forums or chats. And it's exactly why I'm done with this one. You two really need to get jobs and out of your mother's basements. You can't fix stupid. And I don't have time for stupid." -swoopie

Comment

I used three different DVX100a PAL cameras recently over the past month. I didnít notice any problems with the picture but I did notice something amiss with the sound through the headphones.
            The first two units had the echo (delay) sound problem really bad when monitoring the sound in the headphones when shooting in 25P.
            The last camera didnít have the echo problem however the sound levels were extremely low in the headphones. Volume up to the max I could barely hear the talent. I know my eyesight is going but I wasnít sure about my hearing.
            It seems you either have reverb or low levels on DVX100A. The low sound level in the headphones was a problem with the DVX100 wasnít it?
            The sound problems with the DVX100A may explain why only limited stock is coming into Australia and I just thought it was bad planning on behalf of the Australian distributor.
            Cecil beta

Comment

i think Panny have varying quality controls....luckily I did not experience ANY of the reported problems....in my DVX100AE...so far
              Aejaz

Comment

Testing my new 100AE (pal) I heard a loud 'clunking' noise from the camera and it shut itself down with the message: 'Auto off / Cylinder Lock' in red. Switching off and on reset it, but it's recurrred three times now. I know from the manual that a broken tape will cause a similar message: 'auto off/ t reel lock' but the tape was fine. Anyone else heard of this? Otherwise the camera functions fine. Only other prob is a cosmetic one - a small crease in the casework of the lens where it meets the IR receiver that looks like a casting fault but doesn't look structural.

Comment

I called panasonic on 4/5/04 because I think that my camera exhibits small amounts of temproal noise as well, however I am still not sure if it is the way the camera is, or my eyes are getting used to HD content. Panasonic rep told me they haven't heard of a production halt on the DVX. The rep also told me he hasn't heard anything about this noise issue. Perhaps I am being too picky about the quality of this camera. I am so used to Canon, that I have to retrain my mind to think there are more variables/settings involved with the DVX. My gain is on low, and I do notice the noise more on shots in lower light where I didn;t have the irus opened enough. That is what the rep at Panasonic and I agreed what was happening. It's a beautiful image despite this minor issue I am trying to figure out.

Comment

Yes... there are no defects or recalls or problems, Pansonic has a high enough QC to avoid them.

Comment

Working...
                    X