DVX100a so much better than XL1s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVX100a so much better than XL1s

I am a high school student, I saved up my lunch dollars and etc to buy my own DVX100a, I am taking a video production class, and ofcourse there is some jerk who owns Canon XL1s, when I brought my camera to school to show it to him, he said that XL1s is far better than DVX100a, what an idiot, I told him, just because it is pretty doesn't mean it is a good camera, its a complete piece of **** camera compared to DVX100, it probably is a 1/4 of camera compared to DVX100a!

Anyone want to join this post, to prove that DVX100a is so much better than XL1s, I want to show this site to that jerk, please help me, I need some back up. 24 frames rules! I am kind of a geek, and that guy hates me and always brings me and my projects down in front of everyone in class, and I saved up for my camera, I am not one of those kids who get everything they wish for, that guy is one of them.

Please Support me! : )
    DVX100s is the best Consumer Pro Digital Camcorder in the world! loving it!

Thank you very much

Re: DVX100a so much better than XL1s

Well, I think considering we're all DVXusers, it's pretty obvious which camera is better ;)

But way to show that youthful exuberance (right David :P)
    Mike Donis
    Toronto, Ontario Canada

Comment

Id consider kicking him in the nuts and clocking his ass in front of the girls (That response is based purely on the fact that he tries to show you up and bag on you). Then, after you shot that you can show the world how cool 24p is.

You know what? All you gotta say is "Your **** look like a soap opera". HE puts you down in class? Does the teacher just stand there and let this happen? WTF are we paying these teachers for?

But really, why concern yourself with this dude? JUst start kicking ass and producing some epic films and your work for speak for itself.

Comment

Just let all your emotion well up, clench your fist and say "Take your damn hands off her!" ala McFly to Biff.

John made some excellent points about the 'soap opera' look of 60i and letting your work speak for itself.
        Practice safe filmmaking; use a concept.

Comment

Jeez? Lunch money? How much do school lunches cost now? And where the hell are all these high schools with film/video courses? ??? > :-/ :-[

1989 was SOOOO long ago . . .
          LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

If it helps, 1981 was even longer ago... :-/

Comment

Sigh . . .

You kids don't know how good you got it, I tells ya!
              LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

Up hill, both ways. IN the snow and barefoot.

Comment

In Grumpy Old Man voice:

Back in my day we didn't have a DVX with it's film look.

If we wanted a film look we carried 16mm film cameras with 400' magazines along with tripods made of oak trees and lead.

We'd get splinters under our fingernails when we set up the tripod. That's the way it was and we *liked* it!

Comment

LMAO!

"just because it is pretty doesn't mean it is a good camera" You think that broken arm looking camera is prettier than a DVX?? Man I love my DVX, she's the prettiest thing I've ever seen!

P.S. Except for Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Connely, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Natalie Portman, Princess Leia, Salma Heyak, Elisha Cuthbert, my 5th grade art teacher...you get the point...heh

Comment

My boy loves his Jennys...

867-5309

Comment

haha!!! Forgot that one!

Comment

What are you editing your footage on BTW. Oh yeah and the DVX kicks ass, thats all that needs to be said. 24P and the Rez is better than the XL1s I mean come on, There is no question?! Make a kick ass film and post it on here. Lets see some work bro!

Comment

Good idea Daniel.

DVX kicks @$$.

Comment

hey now.. the xl1 isnt that bad.. in fact it works great! last shoot i was on, i used an xl1s... it did a great job of holding the scripts in place on the ground so they wouldnt fly away...

Comment

Working...
                              X