Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering is http://www.globalmediapro.com/ a trusted merchant/reseller as its in neither of the lists and its a trader from NZ. It would be good if they are as they seemed to have good prices. Any help would be appreciated as I am lookng to buy the DVX100BE (PAL).

Comment

Just wished I had found this page before, still all new on this forum...

I just paid for a DVX100B from Shopsunshine...

All this scares me to death!

Wish everything will be fine. From now on, everything seems okay!
      Eric Piccoli
      Director, Editor and Storyboard artist.

My work:
      www.artstrokefilms.com

DVX100B + Brevis35 + Nikon 24mm, 50mm

Comment

Shopsunshine
        Could be worse . . . :-)
        Good luck.
        Henry Posner
        B&H Photo-Video

Comment

Shopsunshine
          Could be worse . . . :-)
          Good luck.
          I KNOW!

I could have been a lot worse, like if the store didn,t exist.
          Eric Piccoli
          Director, Editor and Storyboard artist.

My work:
          www.artstrokefilms.com

DVX100B + Brevis35 + Nikon 24mm, 50mm

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Piccoli
            Just wished I had found this page before, still all new on this forum...

I just paid for a DVX100B from Shopsunshine...

All this scares me to death!

Wish everything will be fine. From now on, everything seems okay!
            How much did you pay? Have you received the camera yet...

Comment

Hi guys, I'm new here. I've done quite a bit of reading up on the DVX100a, and I'd really like to have this camera. Problem is, I don't think I can afford it, right now. I'm looking to buy my first DV camera, so maybe I'm over-reaching with the DVX100a. I have a couple of questions...

1) Anybody know of a retailer that sells this camera that, maybe, offers some sort of 'flex pay' option?

2) Any recommendations for a decent lower end camera, say under $1000, that would be a good first time DV camera. Keep in mind that I want the camera to begin shooting my own short films.

Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

You might try finding a GS400 or GS500. They are both excellent cameras.

Comment

Authorized Dealers- Where to buy

Can anyone provide an updated list of the authorized dealers? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolex
                    Can anyone provide an updated list of the authorized dealers? Thank you.

The opening entry in this remarkably long thread was updated Nov 2006. I don't think much has changed in the interim.
                    Henry Posner
                    B&H Photo-Video

Comment

While checking out prices on the DVX100b, I found one more Panasonic authorized seller that is not on the list (and yes, I checked them against the list on the Panasonic web site): G&G Technologies, http://www.ggvideo.com/ . I have not bought anything from them yet -- everyone seems to be out of stock on the 100b at the moment, including them, but they were very quick to get back to me about the fact that it was out of stock and backordered.

(And if they were mentioned earlier in a thread on this forum, I might have missed it, because I didn't read all 72 pages of the thread!)

Comment

Originally posted by bballplaya283 View Post
                        Call 'em up, talk to Jerrod, he's the guy I talked to. You just tell him to quote the price and he'll e-mail you a PDF document with the discount. It's like $100 bucks off I think.

I got my HVX from there and they took off $100.
                        AG-HVX200, 16GB P2, 160Gb Firestore FS-100, M2 Redrock Adapter, Nikon 24mm f2.8, 35mm f2, 50 f1.4, 80-200 f2.8

Comment

Hello everyone.. I need HELP! I need to buy a DVX battery within the next 3 hours before an event I have to shoot later today. IF you know of any places around the Los Angeles area that I can purchase a 5600 or of value battery pls let me know. Email me! Thanks

Navigatemedia@yahoo.com

Comment

I have had coutless people asking me for DVX100's, and I finally have 5 on hand and remarkably available to new customers. Pls pm me if interested.
                            Shawn Tallard
                            Full Compass Systems

Comment

A few days ago I tried to buy a second DVX from enterprisephoto (.com) ....I bought my first DVX there a while ago without any problems, but just now this guy asked for a scan of my credit card; back and front along with my drivers liscenes "just so he knows the card matches me/isn't a fake" = BIGGEST SCAM EVER.

...so I said...hold on, I'll call back - then I called costumer service and asked if I just read my card number if it was okay to ship to me in canada. The guy said yes. Then I said "would I need to send a scan of the card?" The guy was shocked and said no.
                              ...I said "ah! see, I was on the phone with the sales guy and he asked for a scan of my card etc..." then the guy sounded worried and put me on hold.

a while later, the service guy came on saying he's finished my order and apologiesed for that sales scam bastard and said he'd have a talk with him....he sounded genuinly upset.

...well, regardless of if the "boss" was a scamer aswell and just putting on an act for me, or not. my dvx is on it's way.(confirmed from UPS)

but yes....that stores not authorized.

Comment

Originally posted by GND View Post
                                A few days ago I tried to buy a second DVX from enterprisephoto (.com) ....I bought my first DVX there a while ago without any problems, but just now this guy asked for a scan of my credit card; back and front along with my drivers liscenes "just so he knows the card matches me/isn't a fake" = BIGGEST SCAM EVER.
                                Not that other retailers need me to defend them, but we too ask for card images (front and back) for non-USA customers (except those from Canada) the first time a particular card is used for a phone or web order. It's part of the verification process designed to deter credit card fraud and identity theft. It's safe, unintrusive and effective.

Every once in a while a customer places an order using a new account and complains about being asked for a card image when he's overlooked that this is a new card number to us, even if he's an existing customer. It also happens from time to time that a customer's bill-to data won't immediately show in the sales associate's database so the sales associate presumes it's a new customer when it's not. Human error.
                                Henry Posner
                                B&H Photo-Video

Comment

Working...
                                X