Do i get one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i get one??

Hi everyone...first post on here! (long time reader, what a fantastic site!!)

Ok...I have been working in the film industry for about a year and worked on some massive films.........and so naturally i have caught the bug! I have made a few spoofs with friends but i want to make some more serious things. My uncle is a professional dv cameraman and he owns a DVX100A which he loves.

As far as i can see the DVX100 is the way to go for the 'film look' .....well....that and a great DOP!!

I am looking at buying my first camera. I cannot afford the new dvxB but if i could find a used dvx100 or dvx100a that would be ideal. However even used dvx100a's are kind of pricey.....................would i be stupid to buy a standard DVX100???

any advice would be appreciated! thanks!

This thread is one of the best and most helpful yet.
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=85687

However I am sure if you cant afford a DVX then you definitely cant afford an A1.

There was a guy selling his 100a with 2 mics, 3 batteries and a bag and it reached $2500. Which is a great deal. The camera only had 97 hours.

Ive been reading and waiting to buy the 100B myself since last summer, but had to get my credit in order and save up some money for misc items as well. Then the $500 rebate came out, but now the A1 footage is coming out...and people here love it. Others wait for Panasonic to counter with more than an increased rebate.

Also worth checking out is the new HV20 for $1100 I believe.

Comment

Working...
    X