Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough cash for 100B, what about DVC30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough cash for 100B, what about DVC30?

I have enough for the DVC30. I know it has no 24P but a lot can be done in post if need be. Would this be a good alternative for almost half the price of the DVX? Probably do some weddings and maybe corp. videos hopefully till I have enough for the 100B. Are there any other cameras around this price that might be better? Does anyone know if a new version of the 30 is around the corner? Opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one we have." - Chartier

I would wait until you have enough for the DVX, esp if you are going to buy it down the road. It is just a better cam (not that the 30 isn't a good cam in it's own right).

If you need one now, get the DVC30 but if you just have a camera "craving" wait. It will be sooo much better.
    William Robinette

Comment

If you are gonna do wedding flicks then definately wait to get a DVX100. Better low light performance as it has bigger CCD's.

Jon

Comment

No wait. It's just not the same. For one thing, it doesn't have a true progressive CCD (or one that is as big as the DVX) so you're gonna lose resolution if you try to slow it in post. It also won't get the motion exactly right. It also lacks the image controls and is clunky as hell. Just wait or try getting a DVX100 or DVX100A used. A lot of people are switching to the HVX200 so you'll probably find a few sellers.

Comment

Just wait.

Your post 24p won't look good, especially when compared to a DVX. I watch some of my old Sony VX-2000 29.97 footage converted to 24p in post and wanted to puke.
          www.grocerybag.tv

Comment

If there is cash knoking at your doors from weddings/corp and that DVC30 can "open the door".... get it now. That DVC30 now could help you buy the DVX sooner. My 2c.
            Cheers,
            Dan

Comment

If you're going to do weddings you'll eventually need a second cam or as back up. When things are rolling along get the 100A/B and keep the DVC30 as that second cam. The footage might match up better since they're both Panny's

Comment

i thought the dvc30 was supposed to do a good job under low lite ive even read where it does better in low lite than the dvx is that true or false? the dvc80 would be great for weddings and a 2nd cam when u buy a dvx.
                Please contact Jason Ramsey for DVXuser signature advertising rates.

Comment

^
                  I think it has beeter low light capabilities the same way some of Sony's cameras tend to. Because it's using an interlaced CCD it can boost the gain with less noise.

Comment

PainTed

Nothing can be done in post that will bring you even close to emulating the DVX100

Hold off. Get a second job, work extra shifts ... you'll be stoked if you do !

Comment

Working...
                    X