No announcement yet.

Upgrading Camera, Canon XL2 or DVX100B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally now that i think about it. I think i want to buy an XL2 because it simply looks cooler and bigger. I think people will accept me more because i can carry it on my shoulder. Plus I heard a psychologist say that the CANON's RED/GREY/BLACK color scheme is more appealing to the eye, therefore more clientele...eyyyy? hahah LOL JK!
    Noah Shulman | Founder, Creative Director | Sleepless City Productions
    @noahshulman | www.sleeplesscity.com | www.noahshulman.com
    ** Check out the 3D short film Genesis **

Comment

Originally posted by inspire84
      Personally now that i think about it. I think i want to buy an XL2 because it simply looks cooler and bigger. I think people will accept me more because i can carry it on my shoulder. Plus I heard a psychologist say that the CANON's RED/GREY/BLACK color scheme is more appealing to the eye, therefore more clientele...eyyyy? hahah LOL JK!
      Must have been the same psychologist who found out about that Panasonic "mojo" the panaddicts are raving about...
      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
      I LIKE FOOD. FOOD IS GOOD.
      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Comment

As hilarious as I found that statement... it is true.

My dad just got back from a documentary shoot about a group of monks in the US and this producer lady with no experience wanted him to use his OLD backup shouldermount DVC-PRO Panasonic because it "looked better" to her. Obviously he told her where to shove it and used the DVX.

This is especially true when doing weddings. The bride and groom always look nervous when you don't bust out a huge 6 o'clock news camera. Idiots.
        www.grocerybag.tv

Comment

yea except with the Panasonic, the appealing colors are in the footage.... not on the camcorder body.......
          Cinematographer
          Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

Comment

Originally posted by korimickster
            As hilarious as I found that statement... it is true.

My dad just got back from a documentary shoot about a group of monks in the US and this producer lady with no experience wanted him to use his OLD backup shouldermount DVC-PRO Panasonic because it "looked better" to her. Obviously he told her where to shove it and used the DVX.

This is especially true when doing weddings. The bride and groom always look nervous when you don't bust out a huge 6 o'clock news camera. Idiots.

Must be a really old camera.... If i had the oppertunity ot shoot DVCRPO i'd take it....
            Cinematographer
            Sigma Pro

Comment

Mid to late 90s. I don't know the model name. DVCPRO is nice, but for the documentary they were shooting, 60i would have looked absurd. I have seen them back to back and the DVX just smokes it. Such a better picture, nicer colors, and of course 24 frames.
              www.grocerybag.tv

Comment

Ohh it was a interlace camera.....

I gotcha. NM. i hate interlace.
                Cinematographer
                Sigma Pro

Comment

Working...
                X