X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay too good to be true?

ebay seems to be selling dvx's with buy it now prices for under $3000

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...atitle=dvx100b

too good to be true? the seller has really good ratings... what do you guys think
    I really wanna get one but impulse buying before research is a no no.

That isn't a seller.

That is one of the gray market stores.

Steer clear.
    "You'd better cure all those personal problems that might be holding back something you want to say." -John Cassavetes

Comment

In my opinion, stay Far away from ebay on this one!

Thats right! Impulse buying before research IS a no no! I was in your same position about 3 weeks ago. I discovered this Awesome site and read the whole Sticky on Autorized Dealers - Where to buy which quickly set me straight and I ended up ordering the DVX100B from here in town. More money, but it was worth it!

Basically, if your gonna look on ebay, look for one from an actual person, not those Huge packages with all the extra lenses and stuff! I would also recommend looking on here in the marketplace if you want to save some money! There are some great deals on the DVX100B, and youll probably end up with a better used camera from someone on here, then the one you will get on ebay!

Comment

thanx for the info... i seriously was ready to drop 3 G's

Comment

Actually, I bought a DVX100b from so called "gray market" seller on ebay...He absolutely swore that thje product was genuine USA and that I was going to get the rebate. And guess what?...It was. And I did get the rebate software and book. Still waiting on the check but the point is that it's hit and miss. The only reason why I took a chance was because I DIDN"T. I knew I couldn't trust this seller because even though he had 100% positive feedback on ebay, the store had a dubious reputation elsewhere. So what I did was I contacted them on the phone and promised to pay them cash that day if I could come in and pick it up (it was in Brooklyn and I'm from Queens). He agreed and before I paid him, I called panasonic to verify the serial number (right there in his store) and of course the friendly staff there at panasonic are always willing to check a serial number. My point, don't trust them but don't cross the ebay sellers out completly, either. Just be careful. Hope my story was somewhat helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by powderboarder47
            Thats right! Impulse buying before research IS a no no! I was in your same position about 3 weeks ago. I discovered this Awesome site and read the whole Sticky on Autorized Dealers - Where to buy which quickly set me straight and I ended up ordering the DVX100B from here in town. More money, but it was worth it!

Basically, if your gonna look on ebay, look for one from an actual person, not those Huge packages with all the extra lenses and stuff! I would also recommend looking on here in the marketplace if you want to save some money! There are some great deals on the DVX100B, and youll probably end up with a better used camera from someone on here, then the one you will get on ebay!
            Yes, this is what I did. Purchased a quality used DVX100 (original) looks new less than 50 hours on the meter. Couldn't be happier.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by mrjad
              ebay seems to be selling dvx's with buy it now prices for under $3000

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...atitle=dvx100b

too good to be true? the seller has really good ratings... what do you guys think
              I really wanna get one but impulse buying before research is a no no.
              The first one listed was being sold by Sunshine Electronics, located in (do I have to say it?) Brooklyn, NY.

Comment

Hi all,

I actually got mine from Sunshine Electronics as mentioned above (dvx100Bp). They were on Ebay and have over 15,000 positive feedback. I have my stuff now with the extras like filters, tripod, hard & soft carrying cases, and more. I paid $2,700 for everything. I had a neutral experience. All the equipment is great, I was very happy with it, especially the camera and the hard carrying case. Now the shipping took 14-15 days from NY to NH so thats a bit long. And their customer service is not that wonderful, and their computer system is always going down. But overall I am happy. Just my 2 cents.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Comment

Working...
                X