DV Rack 2.0 Now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DV Rack 2.0 Now available

You DVX users have been super supportive of DV Rack over the years, and I want to thank you.

There's a lot of discussion in the HVX user area about the new DV Rack 2.0, but I didn't want to leave DVX users out in the cold. We just shipped DV Rack 2.0, in both SD and HD flavors. I think many of you will enjoy the 24PA automatic pulldown removal that we added. There are a TON of new features for SD users. I won't list them all here, but you can check them out at www.seriousmagic.com.

I've wanted to use DV Rack for a long time but I am a mac user. I've heard scuttle that there was talk of making a mac version (or at least compatable). Any update on that?

Comment

We do run on Boot Camp on the MacBook Pro, but the program is still Windows-based.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlSoule
        We do run on Boot Camp on the MacBook Pro, but the program is still Windows-based.
        Doesn't do anything for those of us running PPC macs... still a lot of us around. I guess that market does not justify expending resources on getting a more cross-platform program. And in turn, I guess I'll be skipping dv rack.

Comment

If you're still on a PPC mac then yes, you'd have to skip it for now. With the transition to Intel I expect that more and more users will be able to use it, and I bet that they will.
          The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

My $.02: I have to agree with Mark. I've had some tech problems with DVR, but using it cross-platform is totally transparent for me. I use a PC laptop, capture QT clips, and move them over on a portable HD. Not a big deal.

I don't even notice what OS I'm using...double-click the DVR icon, and your complete interface is DVR. No crashes so far, either.

It would be great to have a similar offering for Mac, but judging from the DVM feature list, the two apps aren't comparable. It's like comparing a bicycle to a car.

Comment

this goes out to KarlSoule or anyone who knows

Yesterday i downloaded DVRackHD, its a very interesting software, i wonder if the stop motion feature works also in dvcproHD? i do not own a HVX200 yet so i could not test it. Maybe you can help.

Thanks

Thomas

Comment

Stop motion does indeed work with the HVX200, as does time lapse. We did several short animated sequences with it in testing--you can see one of Karl's creations on the DV Rack webpage.

In the interest of full disclosure, these recording options do not currently work with HDV cameras, but I'm told on good authority that they will be in Patch 1 due out shortly.
                Mark Mapes
                Quality Engineer, Adobe Clip

Comment

great, so it's possible to do stop motion with 720p and 1080p, thats great!

thanks, Thomas

Comment

Don't make me pull this internet over and slap you all!

Thanks Barry for, hopefully, putting an end to that rant, at least on this thread.

I am curious, however... what is "bootcamp?" I heard that mentioned in this thread. Is that software? It's not the same thing as the Bootcamp in your banner, right?

I am afraid if I use the search engine here (which I love!), I will get conflicting info.

Thanks!

Ted

Comment

BootCamp is a feature in the new MacOS that lets you run Windows XP on your Intel Mac.
                      The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Ah! Got it. (actually, I don't but I know what you mean now! )

Comment

SERIOUS maintenance has been done on this thread.

DVXUser is not "myspace". It is not a chat room. And it is not a place where we're going to get sidetracked into the ugly side of "mac vs. pc" any more than we're going to go trolling around with politics.

If you want to talk mac vs. pc, go somewhere else, please. This is not the place for that. Especially when it involves someone sidetracking a significant announcement (such as DV Rack 2.0) and turning it into a mac vs. pc thread!

Comment

Nonsense..if it runs on bootcamp why won't it run on my macbook pro? Win XP pro all the updates. I have NEVER been able to run your demo. I just tried your latest 2.0 version and it won't run either even after installing the .net framework. Now I am told to go find a diagnostic and run it and send you the info. I want software that works don't want to be a developer.Port the software to the Mac platform.
                            Brian Murphy
                            Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
                            Sony FS5 MKII-Sony FX-6 (on order) - Sony PXW-Z150 -Sony A7iii -Sony A6400/A6000
                            Sony-28/135 Cine-Tokina 11/16-Sigma 70/200 Sigma 24/70, Nikon 55(1.2)
                            Sigma 24-70/F2.8 Art
                            Collection of CY lenses and vintage Nikons, Canons.
                            DJI Osmo Plus -GoPro H5
                            DJI Mavic Mini
                            Konovas motorized slider kit.
                            Teradek Vidiu kit-PFY Eagle Eye/iPad mini 5

Comment

DV Rack supports DVCPro50 now, and auto converts it to AVI so you can import it into any NLE. Run your laptop w/external drive and firewire to your HVX and your golden. This is the workflow I've been waiting for (and lots more people too).

B&H live demo 9/26 at 3PM. I'll be there and be happy to see if I can film it and write a review for DVXuser.com if the powers that be want me to.

Read the article at CNN.com Read the article at NYTIMES.com

Comment

Working...
                              X