Switching from a VX2100 to a DVX100a!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from a VX2100 to a DVX100a!

So for the past two years I've been using a VX2100. Its a great camera and all, but the lack of 24p has brought me to get a DVX100a.

I'm really looking forward to it. I've never actually used the DVX, but I've seen many projects shot with the DVX that has sold me.

Can't wait!

For the past three years, I've been using the VX2000, so I know the immense joy you must be feeling in getting a camera with truly useful progressive scan mode!

:-)

Also, the in camera controls on the DVX100a are excellent, as opposed to the poor VX2000/2100. Good on ya, mate! Hope it works well for you.

In the meantime, I continue to write scripts, waiting for the funds to purchase a better camera, and in the meantime, I learn a lot about postproduction workflow with a standard definition 60i camera with a fixed lens and no manual controls.

~ John.

Comment

I switched from a VX2000 to a DVX100a myself one year ago and you will be so happy that you made the upgrade. I still keep my VX2000 around for my more dangerous shoots.
      RED Raven - Panasonic DVX200 - Panasonic Lumix GH4

Comment

Yeah i switched from a VX2k to the DVX as well. The VX series are excellent cams but You will love all the manual controls right there at your finger tips without have to scroll thru menus etc.. the zoom and focus ring plus the audio blows away the VX even with a beach tek or similar there is no comparison IMO. congrats on the DVX you will be happy!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm even more hyped up from hearing others who made the same transistion.

I can't wait! (now I just have to sell my DVX2100!!!!)

Comment

i just got a 100b... and i'm so in love that im wondering if marrying a camera is legal or not :]

Comment

It is in the Western half of the country

Comment

try to get a 100b if u can

myspace.com/unixstudios add me
                Unix@U2.com

Comment

The DVXB just pwwwwnz the VX

Seriously, yes.

Comment

The VX series is just ok. The only time it's great is when you have shot decent video and then you place G-film on it. It does a great translation to 24p look - has a soft look to it too so it lends well to G-filming.
                    DVX progressive mode on the other hand is incomparable. a totally new and clean look. It's only best that you move on from the sony cams.

Comment

I used a VX2K at school for 2 years and liked it a lot. I was thinking of purchasing it but decided to hold off for no particular reason. I'm glad I did becuase the DVX100 came out and after doing a little research, the 100a came out, got it and love it. I just need to use it a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                      X