X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel Indies Call for Entries - FREE - Nov Deadline

NEW SHORTS CONTEST: November 21st Deadline
    CASH PRIZES

AtomFilms® and Intel Corporation today launched the Intel Indies Film Contest with a call for short film entries available at http://intel.atomfilms.com.

Filmmakers who enter before the November 21, 2005 deadline will compete for a grand prize that includes worldwide distribution from AtomFilms, $25,000 in cash and $20,000 in digital home equipment from Intel. Winners will be announced at a major film festival in January 2006.

xposted

I love contests like these with something specific that the film has to be about. It really makes it easy to come up with ideas. I will be entering for sure. Thanks for posting this.
    Dennis & Ronnie Films

Comment

$25,000!!????

Comment

i'm in.
        Pixels can kiss my a$$, and they can kiss RED's too.

RED: #813

Comment

About the submission on DVD-R, do you think they would allow 720x480 matted widescreen? Seems they allow widescreen on tape but add the very ambiguous 'if applicable'. would that mean native 16x9 SD widescreen only? They are also asking for 640x480. And why the 30 frames per second... have they not heard of the DVX revolution? *tear* But seriously, what would be the best format to shoot in on a DVX? Would it matter if you shot 24p advanced, if they only want submissions on DV tape or 30fps on DVD-R? Seems they want you to de-interlace the video for a DVD-R submission so it wouldn't hurt to just make a 24p DVD right?

I give up already, the submission instructions have already beat me down...

Comment

Ah, darn, they want me to use my PC, bastards!

You are required to use an Intel® Processor at some point in the production process of your Film; if your Film is selected as a potential winner, you will be required to identify the specific Intel® Processor you used as a condition of being named a valid winner.
            - Vic celestialmatter.com

Comment

you can write the script on your pc. then edit on the mac. you've still used your pc. right?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitgeist8
                They are also asking for 640x480. And why the 30 frames per second... have they not heard of the DVX revolution? *tear* But seriously, what would be the best format to shoot in on a DVX? Would it matter if you shot 24p advanced, if they only want submissions on DV tape or 30fps on DVD-R? Seems they want you to de-interlace the video for a DVD-R submission so it wouldn't hurt to just make a 24p DVD right?

you're right. they just want 30 whole frames on dvd or cd because you also have the option of 12fps and 15fps. that's all it means. you can shoot 24p all you want. as long as you output it to a 29.97 timeline and export the same.

Comment

Originally posted by xl70e3
                  Ah, darn, they want me to use my PC, bastards!
                  How long until intel macs are availiable?
                  www.juliotaubkin.com

Comment

$25,000 wow!! I'm in. thanks for the info. As far as the problem with the intel chip, can't you just edit it on MAC, then open up a PC later on, and get the intel chip name and #? How will they ever know if you used INtel or not.. BAstards probably have a secret way of finding out.. DAMN!!!!

Comment

I kinda don't think they can find out if you've used an intel processor at all, but I mean, they have that music page for the music you can use in it, so just use your PC to download the music. That's what I'm going to do. It's pretty easy to use an intel processor "at some point during the production".
                      Dennis & Ronnie Films

Comment

lol well, of course, I'm in and I'll be editing on my Mac. Then I'll send them my P4 serial
                        - Vic celestialmatter.com

Comment

Schade. The topic holds no interest for me. 25K or no, not gonna bust my butt selling out to the Corporate Overlords...not when I know they'll choose some la-di-dah, kid-safe, feel-good flick, instead of Aqualung's grandson showing his "magic wand" outside of PS-321 in Brooklyn.

Bwahahahahaaaaa!
                          Movies, Music

"I thought you had to go to Pittsburgh for that."

Comment

Originally posted by taubkin
                            How long until intel macs are availiable?
                            next year

Comment

MAGIC WAND ? oh god lol. I LOVE IT !!! muhahah

Comment

Working...
                              X