Two New DVX films distributed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two New DVX films distributed...

Hi everyone, Me and my brother's two new movies were just released on DVD worldwide. You can check them out at any Blockbuster or Hollywood video. We've been using the DVX100 for a few years now and it's been very good to us. "I Got Five On It" stars Todd Bridges, and is about 4 buddies on a mission to score some weed. That was released August 16, even Target has it. Our latest is "Hood Of The Living Dead" and it's an all out zombie film shot in OAKLAND, CA. That was released August 23rd. We also did another that was released back in 2003 called "Dope Game 2", we shot that with the DVX100 as well. If anybody wants to check out our website and trailers please do so at: www.pumpkinpatchpictures.com
    I'd appreciate any comments but remember what momma said, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. Thanks.

Good to see Todd is getting some work these days. Congrats on the Blockbuster deal.

"Let's shoot this bitch!"
    http://www.stashthemovie.com
    STASH TRAILER
    http://www.dailymotion.com/tuckywood/video/108766
    http://www.myspace.com/tuckywoodproductions

Comment

Thank you kindly. Yes, Todd is a great actor despite what the E True Hollywood Story makes him out to be. As a matter of fact he's in the feature we're currently working on. It's a Vampire flick. I will have a trailer as soon as post production is done on our site:
      www.pumpkinpatchpictures.com.
      Thanks.

Comment

Hey NorthernCali,

Congrats on the Blockbuster and Hollywood deals. Congrats on getting stuff done and in the stores. That rocks!

You don't need to be specific, but are the Blockbuster and Hollywood deals profitable? I have heard they can be very good, even for indies and lower budet. Can you make back your budget and then some?

Cheers,
        Chris

Comment

ah that's great bro! heading to your site right now to check things out....

question for you, once you have a movie completed how do you get it released like you guys have?
          Twitter: jayscorsese

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments. The deals are very profitable. I will be able to feed my kids all year & pay my mortgage and that's what matters most. The reason my movies have gotten distribution is probably all the connections I've made over the 10 years of making direct to video films. I've made over a dozen features. My little indie company now has a distribution agreement to release numerous titles throughout the year. Me and my brother normally write and direct them all, but, I can aquire films, I just never have. I used to shoot on 16mm and super 16 until the Sony900 came out, but I only shot one feature with it. I then moved on to the DVX100 and I haven't looked back. Call me crazy but the DVX100 looks more filmlike to me because it's softer than HD24p. I just test drove the JVC hd100 and I think I'm sticking with my DVX. JQ.

Comment

Are you from Oakland? I think one of your videos are renting at my friends video store.

Comment

I remember reading reviews for "Hood of the Living Dead." Not too favorable, but considering that it's a low-budget film, well, it's not expecting too much.

Anyway, I'm from Oakland.

Comment

Here's the reviews that I've seen.
                  http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue437/screen3.html
                  and
                  http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/2141/47/
                  They have all been favorable. Maybe some super horror geeks might not like it because of the urban title but I think real horror fans like us will like it. Yes, we're from OAKLAND, CA.

Comment

Wow...That's really awesome that you got it picked up. I saw the trailer for the zombie thing and it looked pretty cheezy, but what can ya expect. Good job and good luck.

Comment

YO, good job with the distro deal. It must feel so good to know that your work is once again wanted.

Thanks for keeping Nor Cal on the map.
                      Read and Watch More About My Documentary Work in This 'Hollywood Reinvented' Article

Comment

Hey all. I'm the other half of Pumpkin Patch Pictures. My brother (NorthernCali) is the one posting about our films. We've shot most of our films on 16mm and super 16mm, then we shot one high-def film using the Sony F900, then we came across the Panasonic DVX100, loved it and have been using it ever since. We've shot 5 films with the DVX so far and continue to do so. We shot a movie called "Dope Game 2" (you can view the trailer at (www.pumpkinpatchpictures.com) in 2003 with the DVX and I'm not 100% positive on this, but to my knowledge "Dope Game 2" was the first DVX feature distributed world wide. As my brother stated, our two latest releases are available on DVD and UMD (for the Sony PSP) world wide at video stores and retail stores (Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, Movie Gallery, Target, Wal-Mart etc.). I've heard nothing but positive things about "I Got Five On It" and critics (Fangoria Magazine, Rue Morgue, Sci-Fi Channel etc) seem to like "Hood Of The Living Dead" and have given it favorable reviews. Both features are doing well at video stores so we couldn't be happier. We are currently working on the next feature for our distributor (also shot on the DVX) for release next year. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this.

-EQ

Comment

just qued them on netflix

Comment

Looks good.
                            When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

IMDb Green Eyed Monster // Waiting 2 Die:A Veteran Affair // Bail Out

DVX100b / T3i / HMC150 / C100 / Atomos Ninja Blade
                            50mm 1.8 / 24mm 2.8 / 18-55 5.6 / 75-300mm 5.6 / Rokinon Cine DS 85mm

Comment

wait was hood of the living dead shot with the dvx

Comment

Working...
                              X