• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVX100b press release

Found this on panasonics website!

IBC Press Release.
    September 2005 Panasonic Stand No. 10.431

Following the success of the AG-DVX100A, Panasonic is pleased to announce the arrival of the ‘AG-DVX100B’ which it sees as an important and progressive step in supporting cost effective Standard Definition production.

With a great deal of Standard Definition production still being made all over the world, Panasonic felt it was as important to maintain development of this format as well as looking to the future with the advancement of HD and Tapeless technology. The AG-DVX100B is evidence of Panasonics commitment to recognised standard formats keeping pace with new products like P2.

The AG-DVX100A had become the one tool most aspiring filmmakers choose to shoot low budget features and shorts on worldwide. For television productions around the world it has become a very highly specified second unit camera and in a lot of cases the only camcorder used. Editors have likened well shot programming on the DVX as very close to the highest digital formats. With the DVX100B all the original features remain and the Camera is updated with new features that will increase it’s usability in any production medium.

The AG-DVX100B addresses some of the modifications program makers have been asking for with improvements throughout the unit.

Where cost effective system set ups have previously been out of reach of restricted budgets an important enhancement is a TC Synchronization setting that assists in multi camera shooting. Connecting two or more AG-DVX100B units together with a DV Cable (IEEE1394) allows synchronous time code settings. This is the first Camcorder in this class with this ability which was previously only available on much bulkier and more costly cameras.

For situations where remote controls are necessary, iris and focus control are added making the Camcorder even more versatile. Now using any of the currently available aftermarket products, all the Cameras key functions are available by remote making it more usable in rigs, on cranes or in any situations where the user can’t be close to the unit.

The LCD screen will now show letterbox for 16:9 shooting. The space above and below will show relevant shooting data and the screen is now better protected against drops.

The basic design is unchanged; however there are some small changes in the overall package creating a more sophisticated look. The screw for tripods is now changeable, the internal mic has been enhanced and the speaker has been moved nearer to the LCD screen to make the audio easier to hear during playback.

Improved colour reproduction with advanced image adjustments have enhanced this already high quality unit allowing productions to cut material shot on this Camcorder into other formats with even more ease.

With the release of the P2miniCam, prices for all Panasonics SD mini DVs has been brought down making production on these high quality units much more cost effective. However the attention to requirements of the production industry and the proliferation of the format means Panasonic will be supporting this valuable production tool well into the future.

Over the past few years the DVX100 has won friends and awards from every genre of production. This is set to continue as long as organisations such as ‘The New York Film Academy’ and ‘Raindance’ as well as Media Courses all over Europe and key figures in Mini DV Production such as Mike Figgis and Wim Wenders insisting on shooting their projects on an AG-DVX100.

I love the new features and it seems like a great camera, but I'm not upgrading...

I really like Panasonic though; they seem much more community oriented rather than a multinational business conglomerate.
    Before you ask use the DVXUser Search function

Comment

hmm.. the ones at IBC didn't move the data into the letterbox area.. they just displayed it over teh 16:9 image area...

- Mikko
      Mikko Wilson
      Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
      +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

Comment

Originally posted by Filmjunkie677
        iris and focus control are added making the Camcorder even more versatile. Now using any of the currently available aftermarket products, all the Cameras key functions are available by remote making it more usable in rigs, on cranes or in any situations where the user can’t be close to the unit.
        Does anyone know which aftermarket products this refers to, and/or what the protocols are for focus/iris control?
        "I'd like to say that I've never come across two know nothing pretenders on the weird wide web before, but unfortunately it's all too common and is exactly why, according to the last government survey, only 5% of all internet users ever use forums or chats. And it's exactly why I'm done with this one. You two really need to get jobs and out of your mother's basements. You can't fix stupid. And I don't have time for stupid." -swoopie

Comment

Be-bob (makes of Zoe) at lest are plannign a product, but it's not ready yet.
          Varizoom are supposedly also workign on something that shoudlbe out soon.

- Mikko
          Mikko Wilson
          Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
          +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

Comment

[QUOTE=Filmjunkie677]Found this on panasonics website!

IBC Press Release.
            September 2005 Panasonic Stand No. 10.431

The AG-DVX100B addresses some of the modifications program makers have been asking for with improvements throughout the unit.

Improved colour reproduction with advanced image adjustments have enhanced this already high quality unit allowing productions to cut material shot on this Camcorder into other formats with even more ease.

With the release of the P2miniCam, prices for all Panasonics SD mini DVs has been brought down making production on these high quality units much more cost effective.

1. What "color enhancements" and "image adjustments" does the 100-B have? I didn't hear any mention of this from any of the posts from IBC.

2. I understood that the price of the 100-B was $4000.00. How does the statement above ("prices for all Panasonics SD mini DV has been brought down") jive with an increase in the list price of the new 100-B?

Comment

That press release is from Panasonic Europe. So perhaps they're bringing down the price over there, to make up for the rebate we've been enjoying over here? I don't know whether Panasonic US has announced their plans for marketing it.

I also don't know what they mean by color enhancements or image adjustments...
              The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green
                I also don't know what they mean by color enhancements or image adjustments...
                I know, maybe its special effects like my old HI-8! Its about time they have included sepia/neg art/mosaic/artsy/mirror, and my old fave- solarize!

Now that the Bs features are official, Im relieved-doesnt look like its got anything critical over the A.
                azvideoworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Edweirdo
                  I know, maybe its special effects like my old HI-8! Its about time they have included sepia/neg art/mosaic/artsy/mirror, and my old fave- solarize!

Solarize is only available on the XL3-Barbie Special edition. Canon knows what people want and solarize is on the top of the East Coast pimp's wish list. The tape reels also have spinners on them.

Panasonic did try and fight back though putting a massive subwoofer speaker on the top of the B and Tricking out the paint. In conjunction with Puff Daddy, you can now control focus and Iris remotely with any Sean John Diamond Pager.

Comment

I don't understand why they don't put some damn rims on the camera and some hyrdo shocks...

I'd so upgrade to the Jay-Z DVX
                    Before you ask use the DVXUser Search function

Comment

Actually, he prefers to be known as Sean Carter now, he's leaving the Jay-Z name behind because of business ventures in Europe, seriously.
                      MY USED CAMERA GEAR < < < AUCTIONING > > > MY USED CAMERA GEAR

Comment

But hey, this leaves the perfect window of opportunity for DMX, "the DMXDVX", sounds like a winner.
                        MY USED CAMERA GEAR < < < AUCTIONING > > > MY USED CAMERA GEAR

Comment

I heard the 100B doesn't have an intervalometer anymore! Can anyone confirm this?!

Comment

Anyone know when this might be out in the UK. Also any UK film makers want to suggest a place to buy one?
                            I don't think you should feel about a film. You should feel about a woman, not a movie. You can't kiss a movie.

Jean-Luc Godard

Comment

Originally posted by marko5000
                              Anyone know when this might be out in the UK. Also any UK film makers want to suggest a place to buy one?
                              You could try Mitcorp or Stanley Productions.

Comment

Working...
                              X