No announcement yet.

-DVX100b-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, i have the full scoop on the DVX100B ..i'll post in the "news from IBC" thread...

- Mikko.
    Mikko Wilson
    Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
    +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

Comment

excellent. thanks

Comment

Just a question for people who allready have a 100 or 100A. Is the lack of 16x9 in the LCD really that much of a hassle? Although the firewire syncing function of the 100B sounds cool, I'd only have one camera for the time being, so it wouldn't be any advantage for me. As far as the color of the camera's body, i couldn't care less if it's "sexier" on the 100B. It seems like it all comes down to the LCD, and frankly, it sounds like i'm better off buying the 100A for $3,400 and getting a $500 rebate + other goods, than paying $3,900 for the 100B with no rebate and possibly no book/DVD/magic bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by revolution summer
          Just a question for people who allready have a 100 or 100A. Is the lack of 16x9 in the LCD really that much of a hassle? Although the firewire syncing function of the 100B sounds cool, I'd only have one camera for the time being, so it wouldn't be any advantage for me. As far as the color of the camera's body, i couldn't care less if it's "sexier" on the 100B. It seems like it all comes down to the LCD, and frankly, it sounds like i'm better off buying the 100A for $3,400 and getting a $500 rebate + other goods, than paying $3,900 for the 100B with no rebate and possibly no book/DVD/magic bullet.
          100A w/ rebate without a doubt it's hard to pass up that price imho.

Comment

Just a question for people who allready have a 100 or 100A. Is the lack of 16x9 in the LCD really that much of a hassle?
            In my head, yes - in reality, no. As long as you stop WISHING you could see 16:9, it is not a practical problem in my experience. Once you commit yourself to the job of shooting, you tend to forget you're seeing a squeezed image.

Michael

Comment

Yeah, that's what I assumed. I'll be placing a call to EVS this afternoon when i get home from work! Any good suggestions as far as a camera bag?

Comment

Hi revolution, send me an email to rush@evsonline.com, and I will be happy to suggest some cases. Or just call me anytime after 9:30 PST.

The Digital Cinema Course. 30+ hours of filmmaking instruction on 20 DVD Discs.
                DVXusers get a FREE Audio DVD. Our new Gear Guide teaches Arri, Bogen, Century,
                Cinetech, KinoFlo, MSE, EwaMarine, PAG, Cartoni, Chrosziel, Bebob,
                Nnoga, and Rosco, as well as Safe Renting Tips. To order click HERE .

MYSPACE - YOUTUBE - IMDb -

Comment

Originally posted by Rush
                  Hi revolution, send me an email to rush@evsonline.com, and I will be happy to suggest some cases. Or just call me anytime after 9:30 PST.
                  Thanks Rush, I actually placed my order yesterday with Tommy and ended up getting the Petrol PCUB-1

Comment

"Found this on panasonics website!"

"IBC Press Release.
                    September 2005 Panasonic Stand No. 10.431

The AG-DVX100B addresses some of the modifications program makers have been asking for with improvements throughout the unit.

Improved colour reproduction with advanced image adjustments have enhanced this already high quality unit allowing productions to cut material shot on this Camcorder into other formats with even more ease.

With the release of the P2miniCam, prices for all Panasonics SD mini DVs has been brought down making production on these high quality units much more cost effective."

1. What "color enhancements" and "image adjustments" does the 100-B have? I didn't hear any mention of this from any of the posts from IBC.

2. I understood that the price of the 100-B was $4000.00. How does the statement above ("prices for all Panasonics SD mini DV has been brought down") jive with an increase in the list price of the new 100-B?

Comment

Thanks Rush, I actually placed my order yesterday with Tommy and ended up getting the Petrol PCUB-1
                      Excellent!

The Digital Cinema Course. 30+ hours of filmmaking instruction on 20 DVD Discs.
                      DVXusers get a FREE Audio DVD. Our new Gear Guide teaches Arri, Bogen, Century,
                      Cinetech, KinoFlo, MSE, EwaMarine, PAG, Cartoni, Chrosziel, Bebob,
                      Nnoga, and Rosco, as well as Safe Renting Tips. To order click HERE .

MYSPACE - YOUTUBE - IMDb -

Comment

For me it's much more than just the LCD.

To be able to finally control iris and focus remotely on my friend's 20ft. jib, would be very nice.

-BillP

Comment

Will the 100B record 16:9 anamorphically? Or is that what 'stretch mode' is?

Cheers,
                          -Greg

Comment

Yes, and Yes.

- Mikko
                            Mikko Wilson
                            Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
                            +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

Comment

I have always been a little confused about this too.

If squeeze mode is anamorphic wouldn't that mean it was done in the lense? Why would you then want an anamorphic adapter? I am thinking about a new cam for a couple of shorts planned for early next year (decided to hold of on HVX until I really need it). I had been leaning towards the xl2 for the true 16:9 and thought that squeeze mode was just a reworking of letterbox.

Can anyone explain exactly how squeeze works?
                              I don't think you should feel about a film. You should feel about a woman, not a movie. You can't kiss a movie.

Jean-Luc Godard

Comment

The squeeze mode is only the active part of your letterboxed image. This image will be scaled up to fill the hole 4:3 as an anamorphic image. It means lower image quality than an real anamorphic image.

An anamorphic image in Pal is 1024x576 with an aspect ratio of 1:1 while a squeezed image is only 768x432 scaled up to 1024x576(720x576 anamorphic).

Comment

Working...
                                X