Hi, Im new here and beginning to learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Im new here and beginning to learn

Hi I am 17 years old. I just bought the dvx100A and just love this site! This site motivated me to actually save up for the DVX rather than the XL2 and the others. I have a few starting questions, can you guys give me a little info on the mini 35 and home built mini 35's. And I would like to know the pro's and con's of using Still camera lenses (canon EF, Nikon, Leica R's) compared to the $10,000++++ PL-mount lenses.

Hope that's not an overload-- I just can't find a straight answer to these questions on the internet.

thanx
    krishn

The best advice I could give you would be to go out and shoot stuff and make movies/shorts/docs./whatever without worrying about the adapter for now. Once you have a really good grasp of what the camera can do and what you can do, then think about unnecessary accessories.

but if you must......
    http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/mini35/

Comment

I agree w/sirius. Although intrigued w/ the micro35, the first things I worried about with my new DVX was a good UV protector, a good microphone, and some blank tape.

Then its time to shoot! (I'm now trying to get my zombie movie together)

Sure, a super shallow DOF adapter would kick up the film look, but I noticed one thing when watching a couple of my short films screened at festivals: the audience really doesn't care what the film looks like. Not to say crappy footage will be forgiven, but only the director and the DP will be fussing over the footage's color, texture, dof, framing, lighting and so on.

Only filmmakers come out of a theater talking about the aesthetics of the photography, the rest of the paying customers walk out talking about- the story.
      The regular Joe Lunchpail wants a good story, and doesn't give a damn if the blurry background makes the actors face "pop out" enough.

Congratulations on a good choice though, I was on the fence for along time, but after seeing this cams results (and the results of my first 24p DVD) the choice was crystal baby.
      azvideoworks.com

Comment

I agree, you just got your cool new camera so for starters you need to just eat, drink, and sleep with that thing at all times for awhile. (in other words practice, practice, practice)

Enjoy the DVX and welcome to the forum!
        Finished two short documentaries in the past 2 years. Writing script for 3rd feature film for planned 2015 production.

Check out my two award-winning DVX100a feature films "Schism" and "There Are No Goodbyes"

Read the lengthy and informative "Schism" DVXUser thread here!

Comment

Welcome to the board! I remenber buying my first camera when I was 18, it was a one chip sony dcr-trv20. good times, i've learn so much since then.
          vimeo.com/studiorb

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.. I know i need to get used to the camera, i just want to know for the sake of knowing (everything)but i would also like to know because i would like to start saving up for it for the future. as for the UV protector, i have already ordered it. And the mic, i am still looking into.

Comment

Working...
            X