Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

student loan.
    2001 Lexus IS300 Daily Driver.
    Skyline R33 GTS-T 470rwhp at 15psi at 5100ft elevation!

Comment

I sold my soul.

Haha just kidding, I've been working like CRAZY for the last while. It's all the taxes and brokerage fees and that kind of stuff that's gonna kill me.

Comment

sold my gl1 and death lens, and my parents pitched in and i bought my 100a. then, i saved up for a boom mic, and tripod. my friends parents own a hardware store, so they were nice to hook me up with lights.

Comment

Impressed the right people with some stuff I shot on a $150 video camera and got backers. Evidently it's still working. My business partner just bought an Advanta Jib Lite and a huge Florescent light kit for me to put to good use.
          "From now on, I will make films I want to watch."
          William@Wild Imagination Films.com
          WildImaginationFilms.com

Comment

I worked the summer of my freshman year (in high school) at a camera shop (I originally am into photography) and bought it at the end of the summer from a guy from my church that I had just met. It was a DVX100 with 170 hours in mint condition for $900. Now he feels bad for selling it to me for so much so he (I havent had any problems with it) bought me an extra battery, shotgun mike, and lets me use his mac laptop on weekends when he is not using it. THe only hitch is he gets to use it once a year around january at some conference.

But other than that its awesome, the best purchase I have made!

Comment

hah... you ripped him off :-P!
              Originally posted by TimurCivan
              one is french and its different for that reason.

Comment

I worked for a year saving and combined bday money to get mine, After i got mine i convinced my boss to start a video department witch he did and now i have twice as many toys to play with.

I have slowly pieced my gear together, i finally have a light kit and every other basic i could think of.
                Max Wilson

www.9XNetworks.com - www.techimoto.com

Comment

I know... Its kind of funny, because I am looking on here, and everyone is buying theirs for at least 1.5k, while he feels bad for selling it to me for so much, and I feel bad for ripping him off.
                  But hes a nice guy, and he probably inherently feels that way.( I wish there were more!)

Comment

i got a sweet job in Japan and saved the cash from that. Luckily there is one small camera place around here that sells the DVX otherwise i'd have ended up with an XL2 or something...
                    Brad Crawford
                    Strata Studios
                    Japan/Canada

Comment

I deployed to Iraq and saved my wages (which are tax-free in a combat zone) and bought my baby as soon as I returned home. After my next deployment, I'm going to upgrade to the HVX
                      When I first saw a Fellini movie, I came out of the movie theatre and decided to become a lawyer! I thought to myself, it's impossible to make something so beautiful!” - Roberto Benigni

Comment

This is my first post on the forums...great place, awesome information...

I've been dabbling in movie making through high school (currently a senior) and have learned a lot through entering small, one day film festivals and just making movies with friends with low-budget cameras.

I've had my eye on the DVX100 for quite a while, and since I am choosing to major in film in college, my parents bought my DVX100B as an early Christmas/graduation present. It came yesterday and I'm loving it so far

Comment

G'day all, I started with a Panny NV-GS300 which I paid for with a c/card, paid it off and got quickly bored with it. As far as a consumer cam goes, it does take nice interlaced video. Well i'm lucky enough now to be able to buy a DVX102B as my wife suffered an accident 3 years ago and she has just been awared a damages payout. My DVX will be arriving soon along with a new Libec LS382a Tripod.

Comment

still paying it off. lol.

Comment

Well I don't own a DVX, but I think the same ideas apply for me.

I bought a GS400 (panny) about 2 years ago for 1200 bucks. I had saved for quite a while just working 30hr weeks and saving Christmas money, birthday money, or w/e. I owned the thing for a while and sold it on Ebay. I ended up getting 1450 for it because at the time the camera was outstanding for its price, features, etc. So I was already on my way. I got a loan a year ago to buy a MacPro, XL2, Final Cut Studio, then I spent the 2k in savings I had also combined with the loan to pay for it all....I felt sick LOL. Only 2 months after getting the XL2 I realized the form factor wasn't for me so I sold it and lost 500 bucks (ouch). I had to save for a bit longer before getting the Canon XHA1 which I got for 300 off. It was from a local cinematographer and it was only 2 days old....pretty sweet.

Thats my story lol...and the 5000 loan I got has 1200 left on it as of now. (I make 13500 a year..:P)

- Kyle
                              http://www.prohaskastudios.com

Comment

sold my Canon GL-1, saved up some money on the side from work and dug a lil into my savings account. Panny's worth every penny

Kevin Michael Dynia
                                Film Student - Cinematographer - Event Videographer - http://thevideoexperts.com/
                                DVX100b - Vegas 7 - Avid Xpress

Comment

Working...
                                X