No announcement yet.

So how did you afford your DVX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can put it to use, you'll make well over $3000.00 from using it. Credit cards are a perfect way to buy one.... Just pay them off!
    Videograqpher/Editor
    Imagine Film Company
    http://imaginefilmcompany.com/

Comment

I saved up every penney I recieved for a year AND did extra projects.
      Panasonic DVX100B + Apple Macintosh + FCEHD

"Vome esdema fere schovome."

Comment

im am still in the process of saving, but have worked so far for 9 months at a bike shop for minimum wage, sold my precious race bike, and am going to have to empty my bank account that i have been saving since 6th grade haha. IT BETTER BE WORTH IT!! i am sure it will haha

Comment

I got an insanely good deal. Might be the lowest price someone has ever paid for a perfect dvx100a with 100 odd hours.
          "I'm releasing a new camera, its called the GREEN Purple. It will shoot 18k and record to GREEN RAY, 4:4:4, for under 5 bucks."

UPDATE: "Our estimates of an 18k camera was off, it's now a 28k camera. You can see the threads on your actors shirts, the pores in their skin, and the individual pieces of hair. You can trade in your 18k model for the 28k camera in 2015 when it ships. Release date subject to change, all details subject to change, in fact, count on it."

Comment

My brother made an animated short using an old animator program and some sketches from his art book. He won a contest and used the winnings to buy a DVX100b, macbook and Adobe production premium. Crazy dude, my bro...
            Out in the world they call me a disciple of fire
            Because the words of my grief fall like a shower of sparks

- Ghalib

Comment

Took out a student loan for mine.

It'll pay for itself in the long run =]

Comment

I also had a Canon Optura 20.

Originally posted by Aaron Little View Post
                I first bought a Canon Optura 20 and taught my self how to shoot and edit. I then shot several instructional DVDs and started marketing them. As I began to make a decent income from video sales I started putting back money for a camera upgrade. I just relesed my first title shot with the DVX100b.
                I also started with a little Canon Optura 20 which I bought with a credit card from best buy in my freshman year as a film student (2004) and then pushed it to the limit, using lights, mics, tripods, and just learning the craft. Now I have a DVX100B.
                Pat Bohan
                Cinematographer, Editor, News Videographer
                Pocus Productions
                www.pocusvideo.com

Comment

American Express

Comment

Originally posted by Cracker View Post
                    American Express
                    haha

I worked three jobs for a summer, but my big break came when I got a raise and a new position. I started at a restaurant as a server-type person and was promoted to being the events/banquet coordinator because I had the most most experience with them at 19. (I had been working at the elks club helping with wedding receptions and worked at another restaurant doing banquets) I kept 1 of my other jobs (rock climbing instructor) because it's awesome and quit the elks job. I was able to save up for it in about 2 months. Plus I bought mine used

Comment

I traded 3 music videos for it. I told a studio client of mine that if he paid for the DVX100A and everything I needed to go with it. I would direct 3 videos for him. I think it all came to around $5500.00 with the computer and other things. He ended up getting locked up and I never did those videos.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
                      http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
                      http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

Comment

Originally posted by filthrich View Post
                        I traded 3 music videos for it. I told a studio client of mine that if he paid for the DVX100A and everything I needed to go with it. I would direct 3 videos for him. I think it all came to around $5500.00 with the computer and other things. He ended up getting locked up and I never did those videos.
                        lmao what did he go to jail for?

Comment

Originally posted by blackdogs377 View Post
                          lmao what did he go to jail for?
                          Attempted Murder and Possession with intent to distribute. Gotta love rappers. But He spent so much money in my studio I really wish he was home. the funny thing is he looked like a abercrombie and fitch model. Tall, white, good looking guy but under that he was a evil evil dude.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
                          http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
                          http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

Comment

It's a long story and I'd have to break the religious discussion rules to tell it.

-Nate

MAKE YOUR MOVIE NOW!

Writer/Director/Producer/Editor/Composer/Prop Master/Action Hero
                            Canon T3i/Apple Final Cut Studio 2/After Effects CS3/Action Essentials 2/Garageband 4.1.2

The Fourth Beast-2003 | Wages of Sin -2007 | Epitaph: Bread and Salt -2011

Comment

I've been working since about April at a grocery store and I saved up a lot of cash. I didn't buy too much with a few splurges here and there as I also had to pay some bills. Money from work, scholarship money and cash I got for Christmas all helped out and I finally ordered the DVX today. I just think about all those days, putting stuff back on the shelves at my store and thinking it'd pay off at some point. Felt pretty good!

Comment

I sold my Canon XL1 and bought the DVX100 2nd hand off eBay for 900.

Dangerous Derk Productions - Award Winning Film Makers
                                My Youtube Channel - Watch my movies on Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X