Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevin Steger
    replied
    well i still need to get it but this summer all i have to do is work 2months and ill have enough money...man i wish i was as lucky as Michael Pick... luck ****..

Leave a comment:

• Horrorguy666
    replied
    Originally posted by cardmaverick View Post
    Well lets see here...

4 years of working in a university video lab...

But I bought lighting and grip gear first, NOT a video camera. I did things differently, I bought the "investment" gear first, then when I was ready to find a camera, technology had advanced quite a ways, and before you know it, I had a DVX Andromeda system in my hands.

Oh, and just in case your wondering, I always just shot with other peoples cameras when I only owned lighting and grip gear, cause no one else had any, just a bunch of HVX and DVX owners and no lights in sight
    That was a great idea....wish i had thought of that.

Credit card...still paying........but i do love the camera.

Leave a comment:

• poisonapple
    replied
    My DVX100p

I just bought mine. I got it used from BH photo for $1,919.00 with a 2 yr warranty and shipping . It's soooo cool! I have ADVC30 I bought new for about the same price as well.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Pick
    replied
    Birthday present...

Leave a comment:

• crazedfan
    replied
    My dad owns DVX100b, and for two "highschool football seasons" I borrowed his camera and shot the football games for coaches...I used the money I got from those games to buy my DVX100b....I still shoot the games when in season. It is pretty good pay. I get paid $150.00 per game, its bout 3 hours of work...and as soon as the game is over, I hand over the tape, and I get a check in return.

Leave a comment:

• dg1
    replied
    1 loan + 2 credit cards + 2 years worth of income taxes = a dvx and a whole bunch of goodies.... damn, i guess it's time to start makin' some money!! ;)

Originally posted by matt8694 View Post
    If you're an indie filmmaker you get it...if you aren't, you never will.
    ^INDEED!

Leave a comment:

• LucidDream
    replied
    I Have a great fiancee that wanted to help me follow my dreams which included quitting my stressful national network job and working for myself.

Oh also she is a Physicist so together we are not really hurting that much for cash at the moment

Leave a comment:

• Jaimebailon
    replied
    i used my financial aid money for college and financed part of it through calumets credit so theoretically arnold ashwarzeniger payed for my camera thatnk you state of california

Leave a comment:

• Steven Bogda
    replied
    Swiped mine from some guys hands in B and H and bolted out to Penn station!

Leave a comment:

• dory_breaux
    replied
    Amen. UPS is SLOW DAMNIT cant that guy drive faster?!?!?! THis has been the most longest, aggrovating day of my life. DAAAAMN! Plus my new used iPod is with him AHHHHHH!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Roadkill475
    replied
    Good luck with everything Dory....I've been through the scammed situation and its a pain....You're lucky you got you're money back, and at this point if you don't get a legit DVX I'll probably be more upset then you haha...If that's possible....

Good stories people...Really like all the input!

Leave a comment:

• dory_breaux
    replied
    Originally posted by AlNerd View Post
    dory.. that was a good story and if it really played out like that , then good luck with camera and make you grandma proud. if someone was trying to cheat me out of my dvx money, i would see red and want blood in return. glad it has worked out. hope to see your work soon.
    I cant wait to see my work either :-P!

Leave a comment:

• Smettli
    replied
    After being in the army for about 8 months I decided I wanted to make films in the future because of all the funny stories and interesting people I had met during my stay there, and I then starting searching for a good camera. I remember reading about the dvx and it's "cinema look" on the only working computer which I could access for about an hour a week outside the army base. And though I knew very little about progressive redcording and all that(never owned a camera before), I decided right then I was going to get that camera.
    So after my 12 months of service in the army I went home and started working right away behind a counter in a training equipment store and started saving up money. I worked there for about a year and a half and used every penny on video equipment
    Kind of fun to think about now, since I have never produced anything that has to do with the army or the people I met.

Leave a comment:

• AlNerd
    replied
    dory.. that was a good story and if it really played out like that , then good luck with camera and make you grandma proud. if someone was trying to cheat me out of my dvx money, i would see red and want blood in return. glad it has worked out. hope to see your work soon.

Leave a comment:

• matt8694
    replied
    Roadkill - great story. We've all been there. I put together a short film on rented equipment...and the total budget was $2000. My friends still laughed thinking the money was "wasted".

If you're an indie filmmaker you get it...if you aren't, you never will.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X