Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIT-XTREEM
    replied
    I got an insanely good deal. Might be the lowest price someone has ever paid for a perfect dvx100a with 100 odd hours.

Leave a comment:

• skee
    replied
    im am still in the process of saving, but have worked so far for 9 months at a bike shop for minimum wage, sold my precious race bike, and am going to have to empty my bank account that i have been saving since 6th grade haha. IT BETTER BE WORTH IT!! i am sure it will haha

Leave a comment:

• emoo124u
    replied
    I saved up every penney I recieved for a year AND did extra projects.

Leave a comment:

• ImagineFilmCompany
    replied
    If you can put it to use, you'll make well over $3000.00 from using it. Credit cards are a perfect way to buy one.... Just pay them off!

Leave a comment:

• HenryBLee
    replied
    Here is how to pay for your DVX 100B.
    1. get a couple of really good microphones - A lavalier (wireless if you can) and a shotgun of decent quality, and or a decent flat table microphone. 2. get a couple of cheap lights. 3. Advertise to law firms and corporate offices that you will video tape and supply them with a DVD of things like depositions, meetings, crap like that. Charge them $750 for a half day, $1,200 for a full day, plus another $500 per 1 hour DVD that you burn. I paid for my DVX-100B in less than a week. You should easily be able to clear $1,000 a day when you take out your expenses. Not a bad starting rate.

Leave a comment:

• One Way PhotoVideo
    replied
    I worked all summer going into my sophomore year of high school to buy my Sony VX1000, had that for a while, and just last week I traded it along with cash for my dvx and so far I'm lovin it =)

Leave a comment:

• Lake Films
    replied
    The Wife's credit card ;) She got paid back in the next month... well, by the time the amex bill came...

Leave a comment:

• Larrym
    replied
    I sold my Sony FX1 on ebay for 2500 and bought the DVX from B&H for 2250 with the 250 rebate.

How'd I afford a 3k plus Sony? I taped weddings with my high school's cameras and earned the cash. We had a Digital Media program with Canon XLs and GL2's so I just rented that out for free. I sold my Sony in 2008 b/c I discovered my workflow never really needed HD and that SD would be very suitable for my short films in college and weddings. The FX1 has the worst interlacing artifacts and I just couldn't take it.

Leave a comment:

• EDIT-XTREEM
    replied
    Got an AMAZING deal on it. (I paid next to nothing considering what I got..) I was not planning on getting a DVX, but when this offer was available, I could not pass it up.

Leave a comment:

• ToTheBack
    replied
    Originally, I was saving for about 6 months but decided to use the 2000 I saved on an Apple computer instead, then FCP 6 since I figured it's best to crawl before you walk. I didn't save for a few months, then decided to save again last December. Remarkably, I came upon a lot more money in a short period of time from X-Mas and a raise at work I got, combined with a lot more hours, and saved more money in 2 months than I did the year before. It was made possible since I'm living with parents and only had one class this semester, so finances weren't as stressful. Got it in February, shot a music video a few weeks later and got $500 for it, so I'm already 1/5 of the way to "paying it off". But hey, I"m lovin' it

Leave a comment:

• dory_breaux
    replied
    Originally posted by salils View Post
    Did a couple sites like these when I was 15 and sold the merchandise:

http://yourfreevideoipods.com

thats pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• shihan
    replied
    How did I afford my DVX? I almost didn't.
    First I visited this forum and found one for sale with low hours. I made and offer and we settled on a halfway price (halfway btwn what seller asked for and what I offered. Since it was more than I offered I verified all contact information on the buyer, Sherlock256 and offered to send a $1,000 deposit and the send the second and final payment on the following payday. He accepted after verifying my information.

This has turned out to be "risk free" because of verifying all information and seller providing a tracking number. By the way we should post a list of responsible and trustworthy sellers on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• salils
    replied
    Did a couple sites like these when I was 15 and sold the merchandise:

http://yourfreevideoipods.com

Leave a comment:

• flimflamfilms
    replied
    Four years ago I bought some stock in a company called Akamai. It did very well, so I sold enough of it to pay for a DVX. It's a long term strategy.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Adam J McKay
    replied
    Sold my Canon xh-a1. Yup its true, and im only a little mad. How did I pay for -my Xh-a1? A huge credit card debt in hopes of paying it off with the money it earned me. Turns out not such a good idea, so I sold it paid back some of my debt and got me a DVX which I like much better. Once I got the dvx I also stubled upon you fine people. It all worked out for the best

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X