No announcement yet.

So how did you afford your DVX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked for about 4-5 months just to make about $1800 (****ty job ain't it)

With that money I bought a Panasonic AG-DVC30.

This past summer I sold it to buy a DVX100a.

I got scammed, and I've been left with nothing for 5 months. Everything may be getting resolved, I hope.
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by BMFM FILMS View Post
      I worked for about 4-5 months just to make about $1800 (shi*ty job ain't it)

With that money I bought a Panasonic AG-DVC30.

This past summer I sold it to buy a DVX100a.

I got scammed, and I've been left with nothing for 5 months. Everything may be getting resolved, I hope.
      Amen breh. AMEN!
      Originally posted by TimurCivan
      one is french and its different for that reason.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the site, although i have been searching through posts for the better part of 2 years. I bought my DVX100B (PAL) in the UK about a year ago. I went for the lazy option and simply took out a loan from the bank. It was enough to buy DVX100B, UV filter and a Refurbished Dell Precision 390 for Video Editing. I figured i would get the essentials first and then when finances permit, i will increase the inventory. Right now i have purchased a Libec LS-38 (2A) tripod, a Manfrotto 560B monopod, Rode NTG-2 Mic, Boom Pole and a Budget Track and Dolly.. All and all, they were all great purchases and cant wait to fully utilise in my latest shoot.. peace

Comment

Well, it has been a long, hard 3.5 months since I started out on this journey toward a DVX100. First off, the plan was to buy a brand new 100b from B&H Photo using te Bill me Later thing, but that turned into just buying a used one. First attempt failed as the tape drive was completely shot. Luckily, I got my money back, and I was off again, looking for a camera. I finally broke down and posted an add in the Classifieds board, and in about a day a guy came forward to me with an offer. It took almost three weeks just to get payment sent, but finally it went through and he asurred me that I would receive it in about two weeks time. Two weeks later, I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of my barley used DVX100A with some goodies, when I decided to look at some old classifieds posts. Oh, ****. I found out that this guy is a scammer. So, I get in contact with Jason and some of the other poor souls he had ripped off, and after a long wait of ten days, I got my money back on Christmas day. You can immagine how much of a relife that was. about 4 or 5 days after that, I was visiting my godmother in the town I used to live in, and we were discussing the events of the past few months for me. What went down was this: She asked how much a new camera would cost me, I told her "realisticly, the one I would be getting is around 2500 brand new." She said "well jeez thats not all that much... howbout if I just gave you the money and you can pay me back.... way later*winks*." I honistly thought I was loosing my marbles. Anyway, about thirty minutes later, she had decided that she would give me 3grand to spend on a camera and a few accessories. So, here I sit, waiting, once again, for UPS to come knocking at my door. But this time, no half ass bubblewrapped half broken DVX100 orrigional, no non existant DVX100A with a bunch of goodies, a good, solid, legit DVX100B from el la B&H, along with a decent set of sticks and a good fluid head. I'd say you can imagine how stoked and pumped up I am, but, you cant. third time is almost always the charm, wish me luck!

Comment

Roadkill - great story. We've all been there. I put together a short film on rented equipment...and the total budget was $2000. My friends still laughed thinking the money was "wasted".

If you're an indie filmmaker you get it...if you aren't, you never will.

Comment

dory.. that was a good story and if it really played out like that , then good luck with camera and make you grandma proud. if someone was trying to cheat me out of my dvx money, i would see red and want blood in return. glad it has worked out. hope to see your work soon.

Comment

After being in the army for about 8 months I decided I wanted to make films in the future because of all the funny stories and interesting people I had met during my stay there, and I then starting searching for a good camera. I remember reading about the dvx and it's "cinema look" on the only working computer which I could access for about an hour a week outside the army base. And though I knew very little about progressive redcording and all that(never owned a camera before), I decided right then I was going to get that camera.
                So after my 12 months of service in the army I went home and started working right away behind a counter in a training equipment store and started saving up money. I worked there for about a year and a half and used every penny on video equipment
                Kind of fun to think about now, since I have never produced anything that has to do with the army or the people I met.
                "Ninja's are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet." - www.realultimatepower.net/

Comment

Originally posted by AlNerd View Post
                  dory.. that was a good story and if it really played out like that , then good luck with camera and make you grandma proud. if someone was trying to cheat me out of my dvx money, i would see red and want blood in return. glad it has worked out. hope to see your work soon.
                  I cant wait to see my work either :-P!

Comment

Good luck with everything Dory....I've been through the scammed situation and its a pain....You're lucky you got you're money back, and at this point if you don't get a legit DVX I'll probably be more upset then you haha...If that's possible....

Good stories people...Really like all the input!

Comment

Amen. UPS is SLOW DAMNIT cant that guy drive faster?!?!?! THis has been the most longest, aggrovating day of my life. DAAAAMN! Plus my new used iPod is with him AHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Swiped mine from some guys hands in B and H and bolted out to Penn station!
                        www.stevenbogda.com
                        www.youtube.com/stevenbogda
                        www.vimeo.com/stevenbogda
                        DVX100B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i used my financial aid money for college and financed part of it through calumets credit so theoretically arnold ashwarzeniger payed for my camera thatnk you state of california

Comment

I Have a great fiancee that wanted to help me follow my dreams which included quitting my stressful national network job and working for myself.

Oh also she is a Physicist so together we are not really hurting that much for cash at the moment

Comment

1 loan + 2 credit cards + 2 years worth of income taxes = a dvx and a whole bunch of goodies.... damn, i guess it's time to start makin' some money!! ;)

Originally posted by matt8694 View Post
                              If you're an indie filmmaker you get it...if you aren't, you never will.
                              ^INDEED!

Comment

My dad owns DVX100b, and for two "highschool football seasons" I borrowed his camera and shot the football games for coaches...I used the money I got from those games to buy my DVX100b....I still shoot the games when in season. It is pretty good pay. I get paid $150.00 per game, its bout 3 hours of work...and as soon as the game is over, I hand over the tape, and I get a check in return.
                                "Life is a hellish thing for a human to go through!"

http://www.crazedfanproductions.com

Comment

Working...
                                X