• Show
Clear All

• superproduceraj
    replied
    I had to steal mine

Leave a comment:

• brentwilliamson8
    replied
    I had 3 different jobs this last summer and over 50 hours a week, but it was worth every minute and a small price to pay for something i'm really interested in.

Leave a comment:

• btownproductions
    replied
    I've got an HVX, not a DVX. But to pay for it all I had to do was roll my car a bunch of times, and let the insurance money do the rest... Not the most fun or painless ways to get some money, but I think it was a pretty solid investment...

Last edited by btownproductions; 02-16-2009, 07:21 PM. Reason: Couldn't get the picture to work at first...

Leave a comment:

• Focal 7
    replied
    I could not afford a new one, so I watched this site and it's classifieds every day. I found a "b" model that had 102 hours on it, but had been tipped over and cracked the LCD screen which no longer worked. The seller who lived convieniently near me wanted $1100. Everything else worked perfectly. I bought it in August 08 and have really enjoyed using it

Leave a comment:

• Derkoi
    replied
    I sold my Canon XL1 and bought the DVX100 2nd hand off eBay for 900.

Leave a comment:

• Movie_Dude_3
    replied
    I've been working since about April at a grocery store and I saved up a lot of cash. I didn't buy too much with a few splurges here and there as I also had to pay some bills. Money from work, scholarship money and cash I got for Christmas all helped out and I finally ordered the DVX today. I just think about all those days, putting stuff back on the shelves at my store and thinking it'd pay off at some point. Felt pretty good!

Leave a comment:

• Nathyn
    replied
    It's a long story and I'd have to break the religious discussion rules to tell it.

-Nate

Leave a comment:

• Richard J. Johnson
    replied
    Originally posted by blackdogs377 View Post
    lmao what did he go to jail for?
    Attempted Murder and Possession with intent to distribute. Gotta love rappers. But He spent so much money in my studio I really wish he was home. the funny thing is he looked like a abercrombie and fitch model. Tall, white, good looking guy but under that he was a evil evil dude.

Leave a comment:

• blackdogs377
    replied
    Originally posted by filthrich View Post
    I traded 3 music videos for it. I told a studio client of mine that if he paid for the DVX100A and everything I needed to go with it. I would direct 3 videos for him. I think it all came to around $5500.00 with the computer and other things. He ended up getting locked up and I never did those videos.
    lmao what did he go to jail for?

Leave a comment:

• Richard J. Johnson
    replied
    I traded 3 music videos for it. I told a studio client of mine that if he paid for the DVX100A and everything I needed to go with it. I would direct 3 videos for him. I think it all came to around $5500.00 with the computer and other things. He ended up getting locked up and I never did those videos.

Leave a comment:

• Chelsea8882
    replied
    Originally posted by Cracker View Post
    American Express
    haha

I worked three jobs for a summer, but my big break came when I got a raise and a new position. I started at a restaurant as a server-type person and was promoted to being the events/banquet coordinator because I had the most most experience with them at 19. (I had been working at the elks club helping with wedding receptions and worked at another restaurant doing banquets) I kept 1 of my other jobs (rock climbing instructor) because it's awesome and quit the elks job. I was able to save up for it in about 2 months. Plus I bought mine used

Leave a comment:

• C Walker
    replied
    American Express

Leave a comment:

• Pocusproductions
    replied
    I also had a Canon Optura 20.

Originally posted by Aaron Little View Post
    I first bought a Canon Optura 20 and taught my self how to shoot and edit. I then shot several instructional DVDs and started marketing them. As I began to make a decent income from video sales I started putting back money for a camera upgrade. I just relesed my first title shot with the DVX100b.
    I also started with a little Canon Optura 20 which I bought with a credit card from best buy in my freshman year as a film student (2004) and then pushed it to the limit, using lights, mics, tripods, and just learning the craft. Now I have a DVX100B.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Herron
    replied
    Took out a student loan for mine.

It'll pay for itself in the long run =]

Leave a comment:

• Mister Stocks
    replied
    My brother made an animated short using an old animator program and some sketches from his art book. He won a contest and used the winnings to buy a DVX100b, macbook and Adobe production premium. Crazy dude, my bro...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X