DVX100A Filter Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVX100A Filter Size

So I bought a Freewill 72mm variable ND filter for my DVX100A. I was unable to put the filter on without removing the factory hood, so I removed the hood. That said, I had to use a step-down ring from 77mm (connected to the camera) to 72mm to connect the filter. The manual says the camera has a 72mm filter connection, and everything I've found says 72mm, but it's actually 77mm on my camera. Anyone else ever experience this?
    Last edited by PatCrash; 05-10-2021, 06:10 PM.

No. The DVX100A definitely has a 72mm filter thread. Has your camera been "repaired" or adapted in some way?
    A friend of mine had an adaptor ring permanently attached to his DVX100 so that he could use all his larger cine filters ...don't recall what the step up size was, but his matte box fit the larger filters and he never used the Pana lens hood.

Comment

Thanks kplo. After I received your affirmation of the filter size, I went back to my camera again look again. I discovered that in the back and forth between swapping the filter with another camera, I had accidentally moved over a 72mm to 77mm step-up ring from the other camera. Problem solved. : )

It might be time for some new glasses. Thanks again for your response

Comment

Working...
      X