Documentary on PBS filmed with AF100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documentary on PBS filmed with AF100

My film which I shot on the AF100 just had its national broadcast on Sunday on World Channel. It's now available for free streaming until 11/19: https://worldchannel.org/episode/dw-guardians/

I've seen the film projected on large movie theater screens at various festivals this year and I'm still to this day blown away by what the little AF100 could do.
    Eidolon Films
    The Guardians - Coming in 2018

The Land Down Under "We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to rights restrictions."

Comment

Originally posted by doubledark View Post
      The Land Down Under "We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to rights restrictions."

Same in the UK sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickbaldwin View Post
        Same in the UK sadly.
        Ah sorry about that. It will be broadcast in the UK sometime in the next year, just can't say when or what channel yet, but keep a lookout. Nothing for Australia at the moment though.

You can at least see the trailer here: www.theguardiansfilm.com
        Eidolon Films

Comment

"There is no World Channel in your area."
          Matt Gottshalk
          Director of Production
          BPI.tv

Comment

Yes unfortunately the DMV area does not carry the channel. But you should be able to stream it directly from that page or with the PBS app if you have it.
            Eidolon Films

Comment

Great to see there's some life in the old girl. My AF100 has laid idle in her case since I got an EVA1. But your work looks great.

Can you comment on what scene settings and lenses you used?

- Greg

Comment

Thanks! I actually switched over to an FS7 about two years ago, so haven't used the AF100 since then. I can't remember exactly the settings any longer, but I'm pretty sure I used BPress and turned down all of the sharpening.

Honestly though, after the film was picture locked, I was pretty happy with the look but not blown away. But once we had it professionally graded, I was really surprised by what came out of the image. There was lots of detail left in the shadows (I tended to shoot to protect the highlights with the AF100), which allowed for more apparent dynamic range than I had ever expected.
                Eidolon Films

Comment

Nice work! I've always admired the AF100 but went the GH4/G85 route for similar results. I much prefer the AF100's "real" video camera form factor compared to mirrorless but have just learned to adapt to the mirrorless experience.
                  sigpic

Darren Shroeger | http://hdmuse.com | Traverse City, Michigan

Comment

Congrats on getting your docco out there! AF100 never got the love it deserved, we hammered ours up until we got the EVA
                    lot of people I know who went from 5Dmk2 to the AF100 seemed to have unrealistic expectations of what the
                    camera would be capable of, there was a lot of almost new AF100's on eBay not long after release
                    EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

Comment

Trailer looks great. Hope we get the film in Europe. Fine that the lady is still shooting. May awake mine again... ;-)
                      writer/director/producer
                      www.22ndplot.de
                      http://www.vimeo.com/user1958347

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yes it will be broadcast in Europe next year. Just can't say where or when quite yet.
                        Eidolon Films

Comment

Great job, I hope the locals win in their battle to protect and regrow the forest. Yiur film looks wounderful, nice exposure and framing.
                          Cheers

Comment

it looked great!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny16 View Post
                              Great job, I hope the locals win in their battle to protect and regrow the forest. Yiur film looks wounderful, nice exposure and framing.
                              Cheers
                              Thanks! Yea they've been making slow but steady progress so hopefully it continues.
                              Eidolon Films

Comment

Working...
                              X