Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short film shot on AF100

Hi Guys,

I shot this short film over a 3 days for a friend & director Matt Graham a bit over year ago. Haven't been able to share it till now. It was a blast to make although I made a zillion mistakes. I know the AF100 is not the most popular camera these days but its still very capable and I enjoy using it. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Producer-Director at Jackson Speed PTY LTD. Media Production in Sydney
    Also, freelance DOP.

Web Site: www.jacksonspeed.com
    Show Reel:vimeo
    FaceBook: Jackson Speed
    Blog: AnyCameraWillDo.com
    FaceBook: Any Camera Will Do

link?

Comment

mate.. that was F#$%&@g awesome! when the films started I thought it was an advert the quality was so good, some stunning footage out of an aging but still good camera. you should be thrilled with that, it was exceptional.
      www.perbenyik.com

Comment

Link for peeps having trouble with the imbedded
        https://vimeo.com/89898705

Thanks Tired, really appreciate the feedback
        Also, freelance DOP.

Comment

Great job Nat! Whaty lens did you use for this short? Indeed the AF100 is amazing in the right hands!

Comment

Thanks boo
            I mainly used the little rokinon primes, 24, 35, 85 and the Tamron 70-200 as well as the Tokina 11-16.

I wrote a wee bit about the shoot on my blog:
            Director Matt Graham wanted to shot a short comedy about a guy coming home after a crazy night out. Sounds like fun I said. What are our locations like? We had a look and most of them looked good. The only one that stood out as being difficult was Matt’s’ friends’ place where the back yard scene was to be shot. The only window was a very thin window high up that no one could easily look through. I really wanted to tie the shot of Jonno coming over the fence with Jenny watching from the inside.
            We could have just shot the yard and then cut to Jenny looking through the window from a different location but I thought we could do it a bit better. One thing I like to do is if possible try to include some foreground into every shot, it’s often forgotten but adds depth. It can be over done obviously and I have been guilty of that on occasions as well.
            We need a Window
            We needed to create a window to look through so we called recycle garbage and tried to get an old window to use. Unfortunately they didn’t have any. What they did have was an old door with a large glass panel. It would do just fine.
            We mounted the door on its side using two C stands. We had already nailed a shelf onto the bottom to hold the objects at the bottom of frame. Then we decorated the shelf with books, a flower and some cloth for curtains. At this point it looked OK, but the sun was streaming over the top making it look a bit weird. To solve this I set up a flag on camera left, just out of frame, to shade the inside of the windowsill so it looked as if it was actually inside a house.
            All in all I think it looked quite good and once in the edit it was very convincing.

The final shot was adjusted to remove the reflection coming from behind the camera and the movement of the camera was reduced a bit. If we had more time I would have made sure it was completely parallel with the wooden garden beds.
            Also, freelance DOP.

Comment

Fantastic! Really funny. So well done, great performances, great camera work and shot design, excellent editing and timing, music was great. Wow, Congrats, Man. There's so much good stuff I have to go back and watch it again.

Oh,and the AF100 did look pretty sweet! In the right hands... as we say ;)

Comment

Wow, them some words of praise Hscully, Thanks
                Also, freelance DOP.

Comment

Working...
                X