Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF100 hours ?

Hello,
    my af100 is on sale on kijiji where i live, it has 760 hours.

Someone is interested and is asking if 760 hours on my camera is a lot or not for selling ?

any idea ?

thanks
    Last edited by olivier b; 04-04-2017, 08:35 AM.

I guess it depends how long you've had the camera. The one in my office I've had since 2012, it has 731 hours on it. There have been weeks where it has been used all day, 5-days straight, and weeks where it isn't touched. That being said, does it look like it has had a lot of hours on it or does it look clean?

Comment

thank you, i have the camera since 2012 and everything works very well.

My concern is to know if 760 hours is considering to be an "close to end of life" or a "it can take a lot more hours" ?

Comment

I don't think its considered close to end of life at all. I have a feeling there are other AF100 owners on this forum (or past owners) that put more hours on their cameras than we both have combined.

Comment

Hours on a AF100 is not an issue, as there are no moving parts to wear out. Hour meters are a kickback to tape based cameras, that needed service on the tape drives based in hours used. Also the hour meter was an indicator for tape head wear. The AF100 uses SD cards, no tape drive. So a camera with under 1K hours in good condition would be a good buy. It all depends on how it was used, rather than how long it was turned in (which is what the hour meter shows).
          Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X