Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metabones speedbooster for gh4 compatible with Af100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metabones speedbooster for gh4 compatible with Af100?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has tested the metabones speedbooster for the gh4 on an Af100? I ask because the website says it hasn't been tested yet and it would be handy to know if I ever decide on picking up a gh4 to go along with my af100. See:
    http://www.metabones.com/products/de..._SPNFG-m43-BM2

image.jpg

No problem. I have used it on both cameras.

Comment

I have had no issues using it on either camera.

Comment

Good to hear. Thanks guys!

Comment

Is this the .64 or .71 we're talking about. (or will either work with the af100a)? Thanks!!!

Comment

Still wondering if anyone can confirm the newer speedbooster will work with the af100? I don't want to damage the senso,r but would love to get the extra speed and wider angle of view.

Comment

I have never used this, but I can think of no reason why it would not. I believe they do not list the AF100 because it's so unpopular now, they probably never tested it. But there's really no need... the sensor size and mount is the same as the GH4, and 2 people have commented back stating it works just fine. I can think of no possible reason why this would damage the sensor.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Everything I've read confirms the original one works, but the .64 has a deeper plunge inside. Earlier posts confused me about whether they meant both adapters have been used.

Comment

the AF100 has a filter wheel mechanism in front of the sensor so the usable depth is much less than the GH4. I have the BMCC speed booster and it works on the GH4 but it marks the plastic around the sensor but doesn't touch the sensor. It does interfere with the mechanical shutter so you have to turn it off. Not the GH4 specific speedbooster is a bit shorter than the BMCC version but I would suspect that it would crash into the filter wheel on the AF100. The BMCC specific version certainly would.

*Disclaimer*
                  I have the original speedbooster. Works on all mft cameras
                  I also have the BMCC version speedbooster. Works on Gh4, BMCC, BMPCC, would not work on AF100

So be carefull if you are intent on trying the GH4 version on the AF100, you could scratch the filter housing.
                  Producer-Director at Jackson Speed PTY LTD. Media Production in Sydney
                  Also, freelance DOP.

Web Site: www.jacksonspeed.com
                  Show Reel:vimeo
                  FaceBook: Jackson Speed
                  Blog: AnyCameraWillDo.com
                  FaceBook: Any Camera Will Do

Comment

Thanks alot for that info. That is exactly what I was worried about. I was hoping to get the .64 for its extra speed and fov, but I think I'll get the .71 to keep it safe.

Comment

Working...
                    X