Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronin-m with af100?

Hi all,
    has anyone flown an AF100 on a Ronin -m? If so, can the flip out screen still be used?
    Cheers!
    Rod
    Rod Pike
    Panasonic af102- lumix 12-35mm f2.8- lumix 35-100mm f2.8- Lumix 14-140 f4-5.6- and an Olympus 4/3 9-18mm zoom -also Panasonic ac160A
    www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
    A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

I would say likely not if the screen is flipped out. The balance of the AF100 on a Ronin-M would likely be at or near the lens mount and pivot point of the flip-out LCD, and the pitch motor on the left side of the camera doesn't leave much clearance. You may be able to use it with the LCD flush against the side of the camera body, but only from the left side of the rig.

It's been my experience with my GH4 on my Ronin-M that I can't use the LCD on the back of my camera at camera's height anyhow - too many gimbal parts in the way. I've had much better success with HDMI-out to an external monitor on the handlebar grips.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Allen View Post
      I would say likely not if the screen is flipped out. The balance of the AF100 on a Ronin-M would likely be at or near the lens mount and pivot point of the flip-out LCD, and the pitch motor on the left side of the camera doesn't leave much clearance. You may be able to use it with the LCD flush against the side of the camera body, but only from the left side of the rig.

It's been my experience with my GH4 on my Ronin-M that I can't use the LCD on the back of my camera at camera's height anyhow - too many gimbal parts in the way. I've had much better success with HDMI-out to an external monitor on the handlebar grips.
      Hi Jason, good points. However I didn't want to add the extra weight of my marshall monitor. I have emailed DJI but not expecting a response any time soon.!
      Rod Pike
      Panasonic af102- lumix 12-35mm f2.8- lumix 35-100mm f2.8- Lumix 14-140 f4-5.6- and an Olympus 4/3 9-18mm zoom -also Panasonic ac160A
      www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
      A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Comment

Working...
      X