Replacement Eyecup Doesn't Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Eyecup Doesn't Fit

Lost my EVF eyecup on location a few months ago. Not sure how, but it somehow made its way off. I got the VMG1458-A replacement eyecup (which seems to be the correct model), but it doesn't fit. It's slightly too large, so it slips around. I've been securing it with gaff tape, but I figured it's time I should figure out what the actual problem is.

Was there a tiny adapter piece I didn't know was there when I lost the original one? Is that not the correct model? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!
    --
    Zack
    Thanks!
    --
    Zack

There is no adapter or shim between the plastic of the viewfinder and the eyecup. Just the four bosses that jut out and are supposed to engage with matching depressions around the inside of the eyecup cuff to prevent it from rotating.

I did probably the same search as you and came up with several sites that listed the VMG-1458-A as the correct replacement part for the AF100 and several other Panasonic cameras. However, I'm a little skeptical about this, because one of the other models listed was the HMC80, which I also own, and my recollection is that the eyecups are NOT exactly the same. My HMC is in my office across town and I can't handle it directly right now, but I'll check in the next day or two and see if my hunch is right about this.

- Greg

Comment

Thanks for your help, but don't worry about it. After you mentioned the four pieces that jut out, I removed the gaff tape holding the eyecup in place and took a closer look. After referencing the manual, it seems my eyecup didn't fall off on location, the entire eyecup holder did (which the manual just informed me clicks off if you turn it counter clockwise). So when the holder fell off, the eyecup went with it - never even occurred to me. Thanks!

Now the real challenge is finding a replacement holder.

Zack
      Thanks!
      --
      Zack

Comment

Holy moly, I didn't know that piece was removable either. I just tried it, and it's very easy to take off. It takes even less force than prying off the rubber eyecup part, so it makes perfect sense that's what would have fallen off in the field.

I hope you can find a replacement! I wonder what the purpose of removing that ring is supposed to be ...

- Greg

Comment

I lost my Eye cup holder too! Did you find replacement?

Originally posted by zackhosseini View Post
          Thanks for your help, but don't worry about it. After you mentioned the four pieces that jut out, I removed the gaff tape holding the eyecup in place and took a closer look. After referencing the manual, it seems my eyecup didn't fall off on location, the entire eyecup holder did (which the manual just informed me clicks off if you turn it counter clockwise). So when the holder fell off, the eyecup went with it - never even occurred to me. Thanks!

Now the real challenge is finding a replacement holder.

Zack

Hey Zack,

Did you find the part? The same exact thing happened to me this weekend. I got the 1458-A and thought it was the wrong part as well. Please let me know if you found the eyecup holder replacement and where.

Thanks!
          Scott

Comment

Found the part. Called panasonic and the part is
            VEQ4574A

Comment

Working...
            X