Audio - Can anybody help me please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio - Can anybody help me please?

This could be a very dumb question but here goes. I have not used my AF100 very much yet as I am presently shooting more still work; slowly acquiring more video work. I recently bought two lav mics for the future occasion where I may need to have two talking head in the scene. My thinking was that I could plug them into the two XLR inputs and they would record independently of one another. Problem is I can only get one mic to work at a time. They will both work, but they will not both record simultaneously. Is this not normal. What am I missing here. Thanks, Joe Robbins

Check the switches. There's the ability to send one mic, from both channels to channel 2 for the purpose of using one mic but wanting to record to both. Perhaps that's the problem. You should be able to do what you want to do as long as you're happy to have one mic on L and the other on R. Sometime down the line you may want to introduce a mixer to enable more control and a little cleaner input, using the line ins instead of mic ins on the AF100.

Comment

I'd be fine with one mic on L and the other on R since most often sterio isn't the final output. I've tried every switch combination there is but still cannot seem to get both mics to perform at the same time. Its one or the other. They both are working by themselves so I know cables, connections and mics are good. Thanks hscully for your thoughts.

Comment

Are these wired or wireless lavs? What brand/model?

If wired, simply setting one one input to CH1 and the other to CH2 should get them both working.

If wireless... can be a simple mistake... but make sure they're not on the same frequency.

Just to double-check, but what are your current AUDIO switch settings (the switches behind the LCD)?
        Pudgy bearded camera guy
        http://mcbob.tv

Comment

Working...
        X