Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay AF100 users, I need your expertise and opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    One more (likely final) note to anyone who reads through this thread:

If you are planning on making a film (I assume you are if you're reading this), be realistic and make a film that you *know* you can finish.

A *bad* finished project has done more for my career than a million wonderful ideas that never panned out. We learn the best from failing, yes, but you have to complete it to know if it failed or not!

Leave a comment:

• firehawk
    replied
    This is great! It's what dvxuser used to have more of. Thanks for sharing about your project you got help about here

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    Originally posted by little bobby View Post
    Hell yeah! Way to go.
    Thanks!

This thread is a testament to how helpful DVXUser can be, as I took every piece of advice herein. While I still made mistakes I knew not to, I accomplished the mission at very little financial cost... Super stoked.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice!

Leave a comment:

• little bobby
    replied
    Hell yeah! Way to go.

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    Premiered this feature film on the 14th, by the way. Audience laughed a ton.

It's a huge mess, hence the time-lapse in posting this, but what a ride! I got exactly what I wanted out of it, and it was great fun.

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac View Post
    I uploadedd a feature length documentary for preview on Vimeo for PBS affiliate preview (I prefer Vimeo for a lot of reasons). I used Compressor (Apple) at the low/medium setting and it looks great - in fact I can't believe how good it looks after being crunched that badly.
    That's good news.
    I've been pretty impressed with how not-horrible my AVCHD footage is turning out.

Leave a comment:

• Mac
    replied
    I uploadedd a feature length documentary for preview on Vimeo for PBS affiliate preview (I prefer Vimeo for a lot of reasons). I used Compressor (Apple) at the low/medium setting and it looks great - in fact I can't believe how good it looks after being crunched that badly.

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Tye View Post
    That all sounds really great for everyone involved! Will you be posting a link here or....?

cheers...Tye
    Yep! Once I've got her finished it'll be a YouTube premiere after the physical premiere. I don't know anything about putting feature length films on YouTube, so if anyone has any experience I'd love some pointers.

Leave a comment:

• Tye
    replied
    That all sounds really great for everyone involved! Will you be posting a link here or....?

cheers...Tye

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    Pleased to report that 90% of the shooting is done on this film!

Boy have I learned a LOT, even since last year. I've had a blast, my crew has had a blast, and before long we will have more tangible assets to show for it!

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    The movie is coming along well! Getting a few more of the bigger shots done in the coming weeks, then off to the editor! (AKA, me) :P

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    I know this is a question better posed in a different forum, but I need to use the latest version of Premiere to utilize a plugin for barrel distortion correction, but when I opened my project into it none of my timelines crossed over, it just compiled them into clips for each sequence.

Anybody have experience migrating projects between versions of PP?

It's not worth reworking the whole film for this one feature, and I'm pretty upset that CC updated the software this way. (I was under the impression that CC would update the software itself, not issue entirely new programs that you have to start from scratch with!)

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40fYZs2xSMg

XD

Yes, I went there.

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    First film festival=Success! Boy did I learn a lot watching films by people who've "been there, done that."

And I realize just how important it is to see stuff in a theater with an audience... It's totally different. It was *SO* helpful to see what people reacted to in the films...

Comedy, as it turns out, is gold. These people were laughing easy. Any sort of joke or reference got more laughter than I'd normally hear in a hollywood comedy.

Leave a comment:

• dreoftheblue
    replied
    Section 2.Still003.jpg
    Reshoot=This was my answer. I'm pretty limited in post, and will likely have to do a lot of ADR, but this looks better and I can see the business name, which is a plus. (I didn't even notice that part when we were shooting!)

I tried silks, as I said, but the place is HUGE with about 120 feet of windows, so we still couldn't cut the light well. Shooting on a cloudy day would be our only hope if we go out again, but I think we can just use this shot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X