Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay AF100 users, I need your expertise and opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The movie is coming along well! Getting a few more of the bigger shots done in the coming weeks, then off to the editor! (AKA, me) :P

Comment

Pleased to report that 90% of the shooting is done on this film!

Boy have I learned a LOT, even since last year. I've had a blast, my crew has had a blast, and before long we will have more tangible assets to show for it!

Comment

That all sounds really great for everyone involved! Will you be posting a link here or....?

cheers...Tye
        Fingerprints very valuable if ...Detective can catch owner of fingers...

C. Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
          That all sounds really great for everyone involved! Will you be posting a link here or....?

cheers...Tye
          Yep! Once I've got her finished it'll be a YouTube premiere after the physical premiere. I don't know anything about putting feature length films on YouTube, so if anyone has any experience I'd love some pointers.

Comment

I uploadedd a feature length documentary for preview on Vimeo for PBS affiliate preview (I prefer Vimeo for a lot of reasons). I used Compressor (Apple) at the low/medium setting and it looks great - in fact I can't believe how good it looks after being crunched that badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
              I uploadedd a feature length documentary for preview on Vimeo for PBS affiliate preview (I prefer Vimeo for a lot of reasons). I used Compressor (Apple) at the low/medium setting and it looks great - in fact I can't believe how good it looks after being crunched that badly.
              That's good news.
              I've been pretty impressed with how not-horrible my AVCHD footage is turning out.

Comment

Premiered this feature film on the 14th, by the way. Audience laughed a ton.

It's a huge mess, hence the time-lapse in posting this, but what a ride! I got exactly what I wanted out of it, and it was great fun.

Comment

Hell yeah! Way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by little bobby View Post
                    Hell yeah! Way to go.
                    Thanks!

This thread is a testament to how helpful DVXUser can be, as I took every piece of advice herein. While I still made mistakes I knew not to, I accomplished the mission at very little financial cost... Super stoked.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice!

Comment

This is great! It's what dvxuser used to have more of. Thanks for sharing about your project you got help about here

Comment

One more (likely final) note to anyone who reads through this thread:

If you are planning on making a film (I assume you are if you're reading this), be realistic and make a film that you *know* you can finish.

A *bad* finished project has done more for my career than a million wonderful ideas that never panned out. We learn the best from failing, yes, but you have to complete it to know if it failed or not!

Comment

Working...
                        X