Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using a SmallHD AC7 OLED with AF100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using a SmallHD AC7 OLED with AF100?

Is anyone using the SmallHD AC7 OLED monitor with their AF100? If so, how do you like it?

I'm wondering if the image on the monitor would be better than the image recorded to an SD card? Is the output from the SDI output better than what is recorded to the card?

I'm also wondering if anyone has done a feature comparison of the SmallHD AC7 OLED and the new Convergent Design Odyssey OLED?

I use the SmallHD AC7 OLED with the AF-100 and I love it. I suppose theoretically the picture would be better at 4:2:2 but I doubt you could see the difference on the AC7.

Comment

Hey Robert,
      The Convergent Design Odyssey 7 or 7Q looks amazing. Saw it in the Canon booth at NAB this year, don't forget it is also a great recorder.
      I believe the price/features compared to the AC7, the Odyssey is the clear winner. It should ship this July.
      James Bridges
      [url]www.typeamedia.com[/url
      Sony F55, Panasonic GH4, Ronin M, and too many accessories!

Comment

Originally posted by dhart1949 View Post
        I use the SmallHD AC7 OLED with the AF-100 and I love it. I suppose theoretically the picture would be better at 4:2:2 but I doubt you could see the difference on the AC7.
        Thank you for your input. What do you like best about the AC7 OLED? Do you use the waveform monitor on the AF100 LCD and do you miss not having that feature on the AC7?

Comment

Originally posted by James Bridges View Post
          Hey Robert,
          The Convergent Design Odyssey 7 or 7Q looks amazing. Saw it in the Canon booth at NAB this year, don't forget it is also a great recorder.
          I believe the price/features compared to the AC7, the Odyssey is the clear winner. It should ship this July.
          Yeah James, the Convergent Design monitors do look amazing. I've put a feature comparison spreadsheet together (cause that's what I do) and the Odyssey 7 is a fantastic value, if only for the monitor!

Just saw the prices and availability posted today. The Odyssey 7 won't be available now until November 2013? I guess because of the demand for the Odyssey 7Q, they're focusing on that first (available August 2013).

The SSD recorder options pricing looks reasonable as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Eldon View Post
            Thank you for your input. What do you like best about the AC7 OLED? Do you use the waveform monitor on the AF100 LCD and do you miss not having that feature on the AC7?
            The best thing about the AC7 is that the colors are much more accurate than the DP6. Black is really black. Focus assist is very good. Use the AF100 LCD for waveform if I need it.

Comment

While waiting on the Odyssey to come out I purchased this low cost monitor that really impressed me for the money.

Lilliput 7" 663 OP 1280x800 IPS

Great features & picture for the $329 I paid on ebay. They also have an SDI model for a little more $.

Sorry for the lack of a link.

Comment

Here you go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370779101392...84.m1497.l2649

Comment

If you want waveform (plus vectorscope, rgb parade etc.), there's also the Ikan D7W 7" for $1300.

Comment

Originally posted by David W. Jones View Post
                    While waiting on the Odyssey to come out I purchased this low cost monitor that really impressed me for the money.

Lilliput 7" 663 OP 1280x800 IPS

Great features & picture for the $329 I paid on ebay. They also have an SDI model for a little more $.

Sorry for the lack of a link.
                    Wow, that's an incredible deal for what you get. It's almost 'disposable'.

That might be a good idea at this point, to get by with a $300+ Lilliput and get the Odyssey when it comes out.

I'll be checking out the SmallHD AC7-OLED and the CD Odyssey next week. Make a decision after that. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by OldCorpse View Post
                      If you want waveform (plus vectorscope, rgb parade etc.), there's also the Ikan D7W 7" for $1300.
                      I did look at the Ikan and with the waveform is right in there with the price point. Was ready to pull the trigger on the SmallHD OLED and then the Convergent Design Odyssey was introduced. Amazing technology now available at an affordable price. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
                      X