Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrutinise my reel

Hi all,

Would appreciate some feedback on my reel. Looking to fine tune it over the coming days and would like to get some opinions on how it can be improved.

Posted here because it is primarily AF101 material.

Some of the footage I had to rip from a DVD so image quality is not great, but hopefully still adds something.

FYI I am a self-shooting documentary director.

https://vimeo.com/60389439

Looks really good, some ace shots in there, nice cut. Not sure of the music as I don't have speakers at this work station but but visually I would hire you.

Comment

Thanks, XSV.

Im currently wondering if i should add titles to the individual extracts from larger programmes.

Just want to know where it most needs improving.

Comment

Ill look again tonight on the iMac, I think it looks great so far but I don't have the bank of shots that you could put in there.

Comment

It's difficult for me to offer much helpful advice to a demo reel that's far better than my own. For what it's worth, I'm thinking of brazenly stealing your structure.
          Pudgy bearded camera guy
          http://mcbob.tv

Comment

Originally posted by mcbob View Post
            It's difficult for me to offer much helpful advice to a demo reel that's far better than my own. For what it's worth, I'm thinking of brazenly stealing your structure.
            Good to know. Glad you like it.

Comment

I've spent the last 10 years or so employing directors and producers (not bragging btw) in the UK, and I think it looks nice - I'd certainly interview you on the strength of it. I wouldn't worry too much about titles - you can recognise the faces and that proves you're used to working with talent, the rest is about showing good shot selection and technical flair. Your CV should demonstrate your ability to structure narrative from past experience.
              www.juggernaut.tv

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Tom.

I am currently updating my CV so your advice is much appreciated.

Joe

Comment

Good stuff, nice variety- I like it.

Nice use of sound, too- makes it stand out from all those other image-only reels of puffins

Comment

Working...
                  X