Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC7 HDMI/non-OLED or Marshall LCD56MD 5.6in HDMI??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC7 HDMI/non-OLED or Marshall LCD56MD 5.6in HDMI??

I recently posted a question about on-camera monitors but, now that I have narrowed it down to two -- the AC7 HDMI/non-OLED or the Marshall LCD56MD 5.6in HDMI -- I'd love more feedback regarding these. (there are also Kamas so any opinions about these please pipe in -- or of another fine monitor that I have yet to discover.)

Thanks all.
    Catherine Stratton

Stratton Films

catherine@strattonfilms.com
    www.strattonfilms.com
    www.facebook.com/strattonfilms
    www.vimeo.com/strattonfilms
    www.linkedin/in/cathstratton

A friend recently picked up the Marshall & it seems like a fine monitor with loads of features. Love that it can be powered by AF100 batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern Caughey View Post
      A friend recently picked up the Marshall & it seems like a fine monitor with loads of features. Love that it can be powered by AF100 batteries.
      Really?!! I am on the verge of buying one. My DP6 just isn't cutting the mustard. How color accurate is the Marshal LCD56MD? I know my DP6 can't be calibrated to be accurate worth it's salt.
      www.jonfilms.com
      jonfilms(at)me.com
      Follow me:
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/jonfilms
      facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/jonfilms/124719134214199
      Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/jonfurtado
      LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...43&trk=tab_pro

Comment

I just got the AC7 OLED with HDMI and SDI which I use with my Canon C100. I got the SDI in case I decide to upgrade my camera.

Let me just say IT IS AMAZING and makes all the difference in the world. It is fantastic for compostion. I put the focus assist on max and it is trival to focus on moving subjects even with just a still lens. I mean, I will never suffer again with a small LCD and a crappy viewfinder. Exposure tools are great tools, but sometimes I just use my C100 LCD for exposure and the AC7 for composition and focus.

I really don't know how or why I lived without it for such a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Furtado View Post
          How color accurate is the Marshal LCD56MD?
          I got one about a month ago, HDMI/3G SDI- love it, find it very color accurate and really love the punch-in focus assist.
          I've used it on 2 camera AF100 shoots to monitor both cameras- it's small, but accurate.

Comment

I was think of getting the same AC7 oled monitor but I was wondering do you feel like the monitor really lacks because it doesn't have scopes(wfm, vectorscope). Also, do you feel that color rendition is 100%. I can't afford the DP7.

Comment

Originally posted by david1pittman View Post
              I was think of getting the same AC7 oled monitor but I was wondering do you feel like the monitor really lacks because it doesn't have scopes(wfm, vectorscope). Also, do you feel that color rendition is 100%. I can't afford the DP7.
              I just received my AC7 OLED and it is stunning. Way better than the DP6. Color rendition is awesome. Clients have been impressed. Highly recommend.

Comment

I just got an AC7 non OLED/HDMI only - my first monitor. Used it a few times with the 5d3 & I really like it, false color & peaking are very handy. Haven't assessed color accuracy yet as I'm still trying to figure out the Canon anyways. (GH2 user here)

Comment

I own the AC7 - OLED with HDMI only and was blown away by its robust build and beautiful picture quality. The ability to see true blacks and use false color to determine exactly what is over and under exposed has helped me countless times. I would highly suggest getting the OLED model and would have strived for the SDI version if I had the extra money. Every single client and crew member that has laid their eyes on my monitor while shooting have been mesmerized by what they see. I will never be able to look at a non-oled monitor again without feeling like im missing out on vital features

Comment

Working...
                  X