Need extra charger + battery(s) for AF100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need extra charger + battery(s) for AF100

I'm ok with used if a great deal but prefer new. I need a second charger so I can charge 2 batteries at once (or one of those dual chargers), and at least one extra battery. I know there's a bunch of 3rd party options but not sure what is a good buy and what is not.

Any recommendations on what/where to buy to get more batteries and more chargers? I need a good deal, looking to spend ideally $150 but up to ~$350ish. An Anton Bauer or one of those fancy extended battery packs is probably out of the question given the budget.

I need to travel light its for a documentary I'm shooting in India. I am shooting all day and should be able to charge once a night overnight - worst case scenario two days no charge.

I've taken the Dolgin charger to India twice now. Charges up to 4 at a time.
    sigpic

Comment

I've been using an IDX Dual charger for a few years. First with batteries for an HPX170 and now with an AF100 It's worked well, been reliable and the price is right.
      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...l_Charger.html

Comment

I have this idx charger and 2 idx batteries I might be willing to sell

Comment

I've been contemplating the exact same thing. Luckily, I've been in situations where I'm indoors and have access to power or I have enough of a break to recharge the battery to a decent level to get in a full day's filming. But, I know that won't always be the case. Thanks for the suggestions, folks.

Comment

thanks!

any suggestions on actual batteries? 3rd party or panny only?

Comment

I've had great success with the IDX SSL-VBG50 batteries and the mentioned dual charger. It will also properly charge the Panasonic batteries as well.

Comment

Thanks! So this kit a good buy then:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...arger_and.html

?

Unless swanny wants to give me a good deal used - PM sent

Comment

That's the one. You might also check eBay for the charger, as i believe there's one listed for well under $100.

Comment

Anyone have experience with BestBatt.com? http://www.bestbatt.com/Panasonic-VW...-p/bbvbg6n.htm Their deal on brand new VW-VBG6's seems almost too good to be true. Maybe they "fell off a truck" or something.

Comment

Whatever you do be sure to have two chargers, & never rely on on any single piece of equipment as it all breaks, usually at the worst time.

I use two of Panasonic's as they're relatively compact.

Comment

Originally posted by DaivRawks View Post
                        Anyone have experience with BestBatt.com? http://www.bestbatt.com/Panasonic-VW...-p/bbvbg6n.htm Their deal on brand new VW-VBG6's seems almost too good to be true. Maybe they "fell off a truck" or something.
                        Not a Panasonic VW-VBG6 battery

New Panasonic VW-VBG6 replacement Li-Ion rechargeable battery
                        Best replacement for the following OEM battery part numbers:
                        VW-VBG6, VW-VBG6K, VW-VBG6E, VW-VBG6PP, VWVBG6, VWVBG6K, VWVBG6E, VWVBG6PP

Comment

Originally posted by dwiener View Post
                          New Panasonic VW-VBG6 replacement Li-Ion rechargeable battery
                          Geez, these guys are tricky. It's like reviewing a contract.

Comment

I have two "replacement" batteries in addition to the OE Panasonic - have been running them since May. Absolutely can't tell them apart from the original - they all sit in a section of the camera bag and when they're discharged, I just pull the piece of gaffer tape off the label that says "charge me" - never give a second thought to which battery I'm using - which, for me, means I trust them completely:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ms_ohs_product

I've yet to completely discharge even 2 of them in a day - even with a heavy workload.

Ben.
                            Ben Giles BFE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

@MatoboLtd

Comment

Working...
                            X