Cable-free AF100 rig with electronic follow-focus needs no rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anatusa View Post
    simple solution is out there!!!! if u dont need iris control on your manfrotto - then just dont use it and cut the cord that controls is.... thats it! or even better just buy a simple sound cord..... as u may see the connector is same as in any sound devise like headphones.... so u need just new cord that has JUST 1 CORD inside, not 2 like in manfrotto! and thats it u control focus and iris opens in full!
    I'm not sure about that statement - have you actually achieved this?

From my recent tinkerings, I found that the AF100 will switch both iris and focus to remote control as soon as you plug in a 3.5mm jack to the remote socket - ie, it's switched by the insertion of the plug, not the presence of resistance between the contacts. So, if you insert a plug with the focus contacts cut, you'll have no control of focus at all - either on the camera or remote. It will be completely dumb.

I did resolve my 521 PFI recently and it works happily on all Lumix lenses. It just needed a higher impedance pot:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...ge3&highlight=

Ben.
    Ben Giles BFE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

@MatoboLtd

Comment

Originally posted by bengiles View Post
      I'm not sure about that statement - have you actually achieved this?

From my recent tinkerings, I found that the AF100 will switch both iris and focus to remote control as soon as you plug in a 3.5mm jack to the remote socket - ie, it's switched by the insertion of the plug, not the presence of resistance between the contacts. So, if you insert a plug with the focus contacts cut, you'll have no control of focus at all - either on the camera or remote. It will be completely dumb.

I did resolve my 521 PFI recently and it works happily on all Lumix lenses. It just needed a higher impedance pot:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...ge3&highlight=

Ben.
      some one did a post about it on af100 forum before, it was not my idea! the only thing is i believe now that i mixed something, i think the guy told to cut 1 cable from the audio cable , not from manftrotto cable!!!.... the only thing i can tell is that i tried his idea and it worked. the post was from last year......, i sold my af101 on november, so , it was before that

Comment

Originally posted by Lpowell View Post
        http://www.avantree.com/Product-Blue...added_632.html

The built-in battery in the Avantree transmitter lasts for several hours and can be recharged via the AF100's USB port. I found a convenient spot to mount it under the top handle of the AF100....

Have you tried this? I was wondering if there is 5v on that port. I'd like to use it to power a wireless transmitter, but it would require a mini-a to mini-a cable, which I have not found.
        Awarded Best Clear Com Chatter, 2001, PBS Television

Comment

Working...
        X