Wireless Mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Mic

Howdy, I am about to do my very first gig. I'll be shooting a speaker at a motivational seminar. I've decided to go with a wireless mic, and was in the rental shop the other day checking it out as I have never used one. What I saw gave me a little pause, in that I realized that I have to find a way to attach the receiver to either the camera or tripod. I think the cable with the XLR connector is not very long maybe a foot at the most, but I'm not sure here. I suppose if I had some time I could come up with my own solution, but right now I need a quick and dirty way of attaching it. Can someone please make a suggestion.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Zip ties are cheap and secure for one off fixing situations. Velcro ties are also an option.

Comment

if you take off the handgrip, you'll expose a hotshoe mount. most of the wireless mic receivers come with the hot shoe mount adapter,
      and if you aren't using the main one on the handle you don't even have to take off the handgrip.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Moore View Post
        if you take off the handgrip, you'll expose a hotshoe mount. most of the wireless mic receivers come with the hot shoe mount adapter,
        and if you aren't using the main one on the handle you don't even have to take off the handgrip.
        +1.
        I never use the grip and that cold shoe is where my Sennheiser Evolution goes. My favorite lav mic is the Sanken Cos 11. Insane good. Super tiny and comes with a rubber slip so you can tape it into clothes or directly onto the persons skin with a little surgical tape.

I’ve also went pretty gorilla with a Lectrosonic receiver and used gaffers tape. Stuck the receiver in the grip then taped it to the camera. It was really ugly but worked fine. I shot like that for four days.
        YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/user/ErikNaso
        VIMEO: http://www.vimeo.com/eriknaso
        BLOG: www.eriknaso.com
        TWITTER: eriknaso https://twitter.com/ErikNaso?lang=en

Comment

Mine mounts on the hot shoe with a bracket of its own but the real audio guys I work with have a Velcro Strap arrangement and lash the recever to the handle.

Tip to the O.P.

If you can get a cable feed from the mixer desk as well...use it. ie take two audio feeds into the camera. ( Track 1 and 2 as discrete channels.)
          (I am assuming the wireless will be including a wierless lav and assuming there will be a podium P.A mic)

Audio and mics can get you into a deep hole. Plan as if something might go wrong and test first then set up early.
          www.shooterfilm.co.nz

Panasonic AF102

SONY-FS700R

RR baseplate , F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e. Samurai

Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider

Comment

Working...
          X