Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manfrotto 521pfi controller cannot open the iris all the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manfrotto 521pfi controller cannot open the iris all the way!

I just picked one of these little controllers up to use on my rig, when I have my 14-140 or 12-35 on. The problem is the iris won't open all the way! My 12-35 won't go past f3.4 instead of f2.8 and my 14-140 won't go past f4.5 instead of f4

If I switch the controller from manual to auto it immediately opens fully!

Can anyone confirm this issue?

Driving me nuts!!

yes i can ! and its been posted here earlier, same crappy thing with 25mm f1.4 it opens only to f1.8 in manual mode

Comment

Yeah sorry, just came across your posts after I posted this. Should have looked a bit harder.

So annoying! Not an absolute deal breaker as it is incredibly handy and to be fair it was never designed for this camera, but still such a shame.

Otherwise a brilliant bit of kit

Comment

I've been using this controller for years with fixed lens PannyCams without this problem. Must be something to do with the interchangeable mount lens communication. That is a shame. Has anyone tried lenses other than Panasonic? Does the focus wheel work ok?

Grant

Comment

If you have to return the Manfrotto as defective, consider the Varizoom instead. http://www.amazon.com/Varizoom-contr.../dp/B000FU6MH0
          It's about the same price, iris and focus work on Lumix lenses and power zoom control is provided on Lumix x lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyClown View Post
            Yeah sorry, just came across your posts after I posted this. Should have looked a bit harder.

So annoying! Not an absolute deal breaker as it is incredibly handy and to be fair it was never designed for this camera, but still such a shame.

Otherwise a brilliant bit of kit
            if say true i have a mixed fillings about the unit ...... and dont use it anymore that often.... it was like a toy for me..... my major lens is a sigma 18-50 and the unit is not working with it.....

but for outside work the unit will be good deal i think as most likely u ll stop down the iris anyway...

Comment

Anatusa, you will be pleased to hear I've got it to work properly!!

Just switch the iris switch on the controller to auto. As long as the iris is still set to manual on the camera, it will suddenly start to work normally.

Strange but true

*Edit*

Sorry completely ignore that, either I'm going mad or it was having a wobble, because it's gone back to doing what it was before... not working properly
              Last edited by CraftyClown; 07-27-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Can you set the near limit and far limit on the focus scale.
                Maheel R Perera
                www.dcinemanetworks.com

Comment

no u cant

Comment

I had the same with the bebob foxi, I just opened it and adjusted so the iris dial had a lower starting point
                    Igelkott Film is Hedgehog Film
                    www.igelkottfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by Igelkott Film View Post
                      I had the same with the bebob foxi, I just opened it and adjusted so the iris dial had a lower starting point
                      Been a while so I can't swear to this but I think I adjusted mine with those two little adjustment screws . . . Available externally?
                      Canon 70-200 & 24-70, Rokinon 35, 50, 85, 135, GH4, Lumix 20, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300.

Comment

Hi - I have the Varizoom Panasonic DV/HD controller that I use with my HPX170. I recently purchased the Lumix X 12-35 & 35-100 lenses to use with the AF100. When I try to use the controller with this setup, it will not allow me open the lens beyond F4 even though it will open to F2.8 in manual mode. I see that others have this issue as well.

So, my question is - can anyone recommend a controller that does aperature/focus/record that does work with the Lumix X lenses with the AF100 ?

Thanks.

Originally posted by CraftyClown View Post
                        I just picked one of these little controllers up to use on my rig, when I have my 14-140 or 12-35 on. The problem is the iris won't open all the way! My 12-35 won't go past f3.4 instead of f2.8 and my 14-140 won't go past f4.5 instead of f4. If I switch the controller from manual to auto it immediately opens fully! Can anyone confirm this issue? Driving me nuts!!
                        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002974/

Comment

I did find a resolution to the 521PFI and it has worked on all of my Lumix and Leica lenses:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...post1986252861

I've still got a bag of the pots if you'd like one.

Ben.
                          Ben Giles BFE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

@MatoboLtd

Comment

Working...
                          X