No announcement yet.

AF100 firmware upgrade 1.23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My AF100 will arrive on Monday and I wanted to get the firmware stuff figured out now so that I can be ready to shoot on Wednesday. I bought a used one from Adorama that I believe is a demo unit. It was rated "D" as in "demo" (the best rating after open box.. so not like school grades ;)) and only has 41 hours on it, so I'm guessing that's the case. If so, I presume it will have the earliest firmware or at least not have the $250 update. Did the models that shipped after the update include it, or did you still have to buy it?

Ok, so presuming if it has the original firmware--

I know that there is at least one free update. Is there more than one? If so, do they have to be applied incrementally, or will applying the most recent one take care of everything? The VFR issue is what concerns me immediately, so if I have to wait a couple of weeks for the darn CD to arrive for the paid one, I want to know that I don't risk recording without sound.

On to the paid update, do you know of any reputable source that doesn't have a 2 - 4 week wait like B&H?

Thanks!!!
    Producer, director, and DP. Shooting on a Canon C100 Mark II.

Get in touch!
    // Vimeo

Comment

You can get the firmware update installed. I think there were a few things other than 1080/60p that were included as part of normal firmware updates. The 1080/60p is unlocked after you buy the code, but the firmware can still be installed. I have yet to get 1080/60p on mine, but I installed the latest firmware update anyway. I'd actually like to get it, but it's a pita since I have to drive way out of my way to buy it. Silly that Panny doesn't just put the damn unlock codes up on their site via an online purchase. Digital downloadable merchandise requiring a physical store contradicts the technology on just about every level.

Comment

Was hoping Panasonic might have released this digitally for free now the cameras so old.......a quick look around says they aren't RRP of £150 + VAT
        EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

Comment

As above... the camera is getting a little long in the tooth now
          Everything involving the pig is above board.

Comment

Started to upgrade to 1.24 from 1.15 and I got black screen now it won't turn on.
            I have started a repair request. But is it necessary for me to send it in?

Can I bring it back to life?
            Igelkott Film is Hedgehog Film
            www.igelkottfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by Igelkott Film View Post
              Started to upgrade to 1.24 from 1.15 and I got black screen now it won't turn on.

I dont recall if the AF100 has a reset sequence. Might google it. If power was lost during an update it will brick the device. Not saying thats what happened.
              YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/user/ErikNaso
              VIMEO: http://www.vimeo.com/eriknaso
              BLOG: www.eriknaso.com
              TWITTER: eriknaso https://twitter.com/ErikNaso?lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Naso View Post
                I dont recall if the AF100 has a reset sequence. Might google it. If power was lost during an update it will brick the device. Not saying thats what happened.
                Cant find any record of people bricking their camera..
                Igelkott Film is Hedgehog Film
                www.igelkottfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by Igelkott Film View Post

Hello I read you post in this fórum, about the problem with your camera Panasonic AG-AF100.. when you updated its firmware, from version 1.15 to 1.24. You obtained solution, it is importante for me, because my camera has the same problem. The technical assistance of Panason in brazil, is not helping. I need to know if the is a chance my camera will work again, it is all black. Just a light in the side ( Cam mode) blinking. Could you help me? Did you find the solution to your problem?

Comment

Hello there! I’m having a huge problem with Panasonic AG-AF100 and I need some help! I’ve downloaded the firmware 1.24 directly from the Panasonic website (the version previously installed in my camera was the 1.15) and I’ve performed the installation following the guidelines. However, the camera’s screen became black and the CAM mode side light started blinking. However, nothing happened. There was no message whatsoever to inform me about the installation status, if it was successfully installed or not. I waited for 2 hours and nothing! Then, I tried to remove the battery and the SD card and whenever I put the battery back on the camera nothing happened. The screen continued black and the CAM mode light was blinking. I just can’t bring the camera to the normal operational status. Have you ever seen anything like this? Do you know how can I get my camera back to life? Without my camera there’s no work for me, which means no money! PLAESE HELP ME!!!
                    Last edited by Rafael Nunes; 04-14-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X