**PLEASE HELP** problems with AF100 and hyperdeck shuttle 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**PLEASE HELP** problems with AF100 and hyperdeck shuttle 2

i tried my shuttle 2 today with my af100 and have run into nothings but problems so far... hopefully you guys can help me out..

i am using the shuttle 2 with utility version 3.0.1 with OCZ 'Agility 3' 120GB SSD connected with SDI to my AF100

i have tried recording in 25p and 24p(23.976p) in compressed DNxHD.mov format (also tried uncompressed but looking at the files the SSD is not fast enough the footage looks terrible )

For 25p i am given a 50i (or 25 frame, upper field first first, interlaced file ) DNxHD.mov file. With this must i edit in a 50i timeline or can i edit it in a 25p timeline ?? or must i de-interlace the footage first and then place the de-interlaced footage into a 25p timeline ? When playing the footage back in quick time everything looks great, and media info shows all the right info however when i load this file into premier pro cs5.5 things get ugly... i start a 1080i50 timeline and put the footage captured from the af100 on the timeline and get ugly interlacing lines.. i checked the field ofer of the clip i imported and cs5.5 says 'fields: unknown dominance' so i then conformed to 'upper field first' and the interlaced lines went away but i am left with a line that goes through the video every so often ( will post pics for example - seen going through hands on video ), the only reason i can think of maybe the SSD is simply not up to scratch ??? but i don't understand why when i played back the files in quick time they played back fine.... has anyone else experienced this ??? what project settings are you guys using ??? is premier not getting the field order right ???

DVX.jpg

also the final problem is when i import the clip to the timeline it imports several audio tracks with the DNxHD.mov file and not just 1 stereo audiop as expected... 16 audio tracks total... What the hell ??? Also when i shoot 24p mediafile see's the file as 10-bit/4:2:2/23.976p wich is good but in cs5.5 when placed onto the timeline i get those ugly interlaced lines unless again.. i conform the field order to 'upper field first...' and i too get those stupid lines through the video...

what do you guys think ?
    Last edited by africanmarty; 06-22-2012, 03:48 AM. Reason: ?

bump. i am looking at getting a new SSD but anyone have any advice regarding the audio tracks or anything else this post ? would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

im only recording in 24p and set af100 to send 24psf on sdi connection. In premiere cs 5.5 i start a 24p sequence and set footage to progressive. The audio channels i interpreted (modify ) before dragging to timeline. That gets rid off almost all off the 16 channels of audio. But cs5.5 as some problem with interpert dnxhd.mov levels so need to set input levels at 15-235 to match original avchd files black levels. Regarding 25p try and select 25p sequence and select progressive under field order to see if it helps. Havent tried 25p myself so dont know if it works
      Last edited by robbin; 06-25-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Try OCZ Vertex 3 240gb
        And regarding to the audio its an easy fix in i CS6, you just set the the channels to two and its done
        Igelkott Film is Hedgehog Film
        www.igelkottfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by robbin View Post
          1:set footage to progressive.
          2:The audio channels i interpreted (modify ) before dragging to timeline.
          3:Set input levels at 15-235 to match original avchd files black levels.
          1: must you always do this ?? do you get interlaced lines of you don't ? imguessing cs5.5 doesnt get the field order right with any dnxhd.mov footage ?
          2: great ill do that from now on. thanks.
          3: how do i do that ? Doesn't that really crush your blacks ?
          Originally posted by Igelkott Film View Post
          Try OCZ Vertex 3 240gb
          And regarding to the audio its an easy fix in i CS6, you just set the the channels to two and its done
          I have a OCZ Vertex 3 240gb on its way thanks. i don't have CS6 but hope to buy it soon.
          Last edited by africanmarty; 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Renting CS6 is better
            http://www.adobe.com/products/creati...?promoid=JQPEQ
            Igelkott Film is Hedgehog Film
            www.igelkottfilm.com

Comment

Working...
            X