Powering AF100, Nanoflash and Ikan monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powering AF100, Nanoflash and Ikan monitor

I am trying to research the best options available to me for powering my AF100, Nanoflash and an Ikan vx7e monitor. I have been trying to look into the V-mount and Gold-mount supplies, the available plate adapters, the wires and boxes that people have made, the issues with voltages and worrying about someone borrowing your equipment and switching 7.2v with 12v.... I decided to have more fun and beat my head against the wall. That didn't prove to be effective. I won't be letting anyone else use the equipment, so the borrowing thing doesn't affect me. In all honesty, I could get a SWIT battery to power the AF100 and Nano, and then just get a Tekkeon for the monitor. Then again, I'd rather just have one source for power, with the ability to use the batteries for all the equipment in a worst-case scenario. That, and the ability to expand to using lighting perhaps. What are you using? What would you suggest? I'm open. My advance thanks...

I can't speak for (recommend) any of them because I haven't used them but there are plenty of possible solutions on eBay, like these (maybe): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wieldy-5D3-7...item19d0f50c65 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fotga-DP500-...item2eb88dffa5

I run my monitor off Canon batteries, AF100 on regular Panasonic, and Shuttle2 of internal (backed up by a Tekkeon 3450)
    Canon 70-200 & 24-70, Rokinon 35, 50, 85, 135, GH4, Lumix 20, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300.

Comment

Right, thanks. I've seen the likes of this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251055479861...=p5197.c0.m619 but a couple posts I've seen make me wonder. I do like that it would double as a weight to counter-balance my rig, but I could do the same with a Tekkeon for monitor power, it's the most power-hungry. My panny batteries last quite a long time, the Nano lasts for a great deal of time, so that may be a more economical decision at this point. I'm on the fence.

Comment

Lanparte power and hdmi splitter is a really nice product! and if we are talking about RIGs then consider that - u will be able to balance your rig , but also u can take off some weigh from your front part of the rig.... as u dont need camcorder battery, monitor battery..... and its around 0.5 - 1 kg.... its really noticeable!

but again ... outside for fast run and gun i would probably prefer landholding camcorder, would use Swit battery instead of original 1 to power Nano, and would just use Camcorders EVF instead of external monitor...... thats actually what i came up with as the easiest solution during the last shooting...

Comment

I am using a Zacuto baseplate with rods and attaching a redplate with AB mount with a quad tap, works great.
          For the camera itself I use Panny or SWIT batteries.
          James Bridges
          [url]www.typeamedia.com[/url
          Sony F55, Panasonic GH4, Ronin M, and too many accessories!

Comment

So, the QR-VBG? I suppose with that I could get a P150-ADP-ELPZ if I wanted to power the camera. Although I do like having the ability to strip it down off the rig and use just normal batteries. Of course, if all I have to worry about is powering a monitor for now, the SWIT/Nano and monitor being separated makes sense. Then again, having one power source with the idea of having backups is good too. Thank you for your inputs... This is going to take me a while!

Comment

Working...
            X