CPM Rig For Af-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPM Rig For Af-100

Is there anyone using a CPM rig sidewinder/off set for the AF-100 that would be able to tell me if the system is OK??
    http://www.cpmcamerarigs.com/DSLR_Ca...dslr_basic.htm
    www.wildcamaustralia.com

FCP 7, Logic Pro 8

AF 102 : PROAIM Shoulder KIT 3, TRUSMT Follow Focus FF125 & gear Set, PROAIM Matte-box MB600
    PROMAX Cobracrane, GLIDECAM X10, KONOVA Slider Dolly 1.2 mt, KONOVA Axis Skater Dolly
    7 Inch On-Camera HD DSLR Monitor (1080P, HDMI) Atlas Camera Support

Lenses:

Miller VJ20

The CPM Sidewinder rig on the AF-100 is awesome. It really lets you use the EVF in a natural and comfortable config. I keep the cam rigged to it most of the time even when I'm shooting off my Libec 70 tripod. The materials are of good quality. I'm not really crazy about the Manfrotto base plate but it works. Steve at CPM is very good to work with. I broke the offset bar by stepping on it and he replaced it for free - and fast. Highly recommend this company. The AF-100 balance really well with this rig. I'll send you photos if you want.
    www.markwelch.tv
    AF-100, CPM Sidewinder shoulder mount, Nikon 50mm, 35-70 f.2.8, Nikon 50-300 f4, Lumix 20 mm f1.7, 14-140 f4, Lectrosonics, Sound Devices Pix 240, Sound Devices MixPre, Arri lighting, Cobra dolly.

Comment

Picker- can you post some pics, please? thx!

Comment

I would also like to see those!

Comment

OKCPicker, Thank you for replying to my post, for a moment looked like nobody had any idea about this product. Steve is good, but I just need to clarify the fact that the EVF would work OK with this configuration. Would love to see your photos if you got time to share. Really appreciated your feedback.
          www.wildcamaustralia.com

FCP 7, Logic Pro 8

AF 102 : PROAIM Shoulder KIT 3, TRUSMT Follow Focus FF125 & gear Set, PROAIM Matte-box MB600
          PROMAX Cobracrane, GLIDECAM X10, KONOVA Slider Dolly 1.2 mt, KONOVA Axis Skater Dolly
          7 Inch On-Camera HD DSLR Monitor (1080P, HDMI) Atlas Camera Support

Lenses:

Miller VJ20

Comment

Hey, sorry. just saw these posts.
            Obviously I have a Lectro receiver mounted on the brace but you can mount anything to help counterbalance. A PIX 240, Ninja, batt pak. I don't think I could attempt handheld work without this rig. Not crazy about the Manfrotto plate, but it works. You just have to figure out how to slide the cam in and out of it. Took me a bit. No, this unit is more rugged than it probably appears. The rods are carbon and the offset pieces are pretty robust & light. Highly recommend.
            DSC_0278.jpgDSC_0279.jpgDSC_0283.jpgDSC_0287.jpg
            www.markwelch.tv
            AF-100, CPM Sidewinder shoulder mount, Nikon 50mm, 35-70 f.2.8, Nikon 50-300 f4, Lumix 20 mm f1.7, 14-140 f4, Lectrosonics, Sound Devices Pix 240, Sound Devices MixPre, Arri lighting, Cobra dolly.

Comment

Working...
            X