Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EidolonFilms
    replied
    Finally received the Edelkrone monitor holder. Using it in the field tomorrow, but so far seems to work exactly as advertised. It holds my DP6 in place and is very easy to tilt up or down with one hand. It's heavier than my old 6" articulating arm which is the only downside. But I'll trade a bit of weight for something that doesn't need two hands to adjust and will stay put.

Leave a comment:

• olof
    replied
    AF100 with complete straight kit, using 1 IDX batteries for counter balance. This is perfectly balanced and the new 3" wide shoulder pad with 3/4" thick foam is very comfortable, this is Sharyns favourite setup.

picture-2.jpg

picture-3.jpg

picture-5.jpg

More photos here:
    http://www.westsideav.com/SlideBracketKit/index.html

Can be ordered from:
    http://www.westsideavstore.com/
    or
    http://www.unicamrail.com/

This is a new line for us we are still expanding the kit.

We also do a lot of custom kits.

Leave a comment:

• MikeTexas
    replied
    This is true run and gun.
    Originally posted by Mac View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]53207[/ATTACH]The "pouch" is a small ProMaster camera bag that has a shoulder strap and a belt.. not perfect, but holds 3 lenses and a battery.

Leave a comment:

• Orlando McNulty
    replied
    docu rig.jpg
    Here is the rig that I put together for the documentary that I am currently shooting/directing. I just put hand grips on it when I want to go hand held.

Leave a comment:

• Postmaster
    replied
    Here is mine:

IMG_4889.jpgIMG_4886.jpgIMG_4891.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mac
    replied
    EVF is powered by the Canon battery that came with it (I have three).. Handle is not Olaf's, it's an Aaton from my old super16 camera (handle's the only thing that's worth anything these days). Olaf modeled his (can be seen in picture above) after it - a new Aaton handle is over a grand! Power cord is the old Aaton cord with a mini plug (Radio Shack) soldered on the end. I have a grip on my HPX250 with a simple momentary switch, also from RS, so that is probably how Olaf's works as well...

Leave a comment:

• Pegasus
    replied
    This is working well for me for now. Zacuto Universal baseplate (previously used on my HVX), Berkey shoulder pad, Manfrotto quickmount and Olaf's handle. SmallHD DP-4 EVF for monitoring.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• OKCPicker
    replied
    Mac, that looks very compact.

I missed how you are powering up the EVF. Also it looks as though you might have a record button on the Olaf handle. How is that cabled. A shot revealing where the cables are connected would be helpful.

That looks like a very sensible setup for doc work. My rig is turning into a Frankenrig.

Leave a comment:

• nedcam
    replied
    Thanks Mac. Your photo of your rig is more what I had in mind. I'm often thrown into the passenger seat of a car to shoot the driver in documentaries and cop shows.
    Last edited by nedcam; 05-07-2012, 05:54 PM. Reason: new thought

Leave a comment:

• Erik Naso
    replied
    I like the wooden handle with tally. I keep saying I'm getting one from Olof but just haven't got to it.

Leave a comment:

• EidolonFilms
    replied
    Damn, just went to buy it and now out of stock!

Leave a comment:

• groveChuck
    replied
    thanks mac!

Leave a comment:

• Mac
    replied
    The shoulder plate attaches by using a Libec plate and shaved Bogen slider (I don't have a Bogen tripod, but the shaved slider is available from RedRock too - or used to be) - I "narrowed" the slider with the aluminum shim (that you can see in back) to fit the Libec plate.... I can either remove the shoulder mount to put on a tripod, or I can mount another plate on the bottom of the slider - I usually just remove it and hang it from the bag.

By the way, nothing against Zacuto, their stuff is great, but this is all very cheap - a lot can be done with a hacksaw, file and hand drill...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mac
    replied
    Pouch.jpgThe "pouch" is a small ProMaster camera bag that has a shoulder strap and a belt.. not perfect, but holds 3 lenses and a battery.

Leave a comment:

• mcbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac View Post
    After a lot of years shooting documentaries I have found that a camera, in order to be convenient, 1) must not have to be assembled and disassembled every time you move- 2) must be able to be set on a flat surface- 3) must allow you to lean back against a wall or high backed chair- 4) must be as small and light as possible - 5) must go on a tripod without disassembly. .......
    Your solution looks just about perfect. Exactly what I was going for in my build, but far more svelte.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X