Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levers

Originally posted by taylormade View Post
    What really burns me is that Zacuto never got back to me. Not my idea of solid customer service. I'm happy with the equipment in general, but the knobs and customer service have dampened my enthusiasim for Zacuto products.
    Our product assemblers usually tune all the levers to avoid this issue. This one may have slipped, my apologies. Like was suggested, we just need to add some washers. You can contact Elma@zacuto.com and she can assist you with that. We are announcing ratcheting levers at NAB this week. More info coming on those to the web soon. I'm not sure who you emailed or when. We are closed on the weekends. Feel free to email me
    if any questions as well.

Sorry for rather short concise response. I'm responding from iPhone at NAB.
    Mandy - vp sales and marketing

Comment

I'm not bashing, I'm making several statements of fact. As I said, the overall product is excellent. Beautiful machining, excellent anodizing and nice design - except for the knobs. When I got my order Monday I checked everything out and discovered the problem. I called the supplier that sold me the equipment and we tried to solve the problem. I'll quote him, " when you told me the knobs aren't adjustible, I was about to call you crazy - but I just tried them and you're right!" I then called Zacuto and was told no one was able to help me at the moment but that they'd call me back - I left both my home and cell number. I waited that day and heard nothing. Then I emailed them through their web contact form and waited two days. Still nothing. Then I posted the problem here and got the help I needed. Postmaster's excellent advice on putting extra washers behind the knobs did the trick. I'm sorry, but waiting a full week to hear from a company when you have a problem and have made every effort to contact them both by phone and by email is not acceptable, especially when you just dropped over two grand on their product. (By the way, it was an excellent deal that got me a Zacuto EFV at a sustantial discount - thanks to Zacuto for that!) A simple explaination of the solution and a small bag of extra washers would also have been greatly appreciated. No big deal, but I had to spend time and gas driving to a hardware store that carried stainless steel washers and purchase them.

I always like to hear other people's comments and experiences with equipment they've bought and used - good or bad. Sorry if my comments struck you the wrong way.

Edit: I see Mandy responded while I was typing the above post. I emailed them through their contact form on their website and was told my email went through. Maybe the upcoming NAB threw things off. Thanks for the response. i'll be in the market for the levers - just wish I had waited.
      Last edited by taylormade; 04-15-2012, 05:59 PM.
      "If they move, kill'em!"

Comment

Working...
      X