AF 100 Firmware Upgrade Ver 1.16 Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF 100 Firmware Upgrade Ver 1.16 Available

Wondering if ver 1.16, aside from updating current lenses compatibility, might anticipate the two new X zooms: 14-35mm and 35-100mm ??
    Last edited by brm; 01-12-2012, 02:41 PM.

I'm wondering the same thing. If anyone has these lenses and could comment with the new firmware, that would be great. I have both lenses, but I'm in SC for the infocus conference this week, unable to test.

Comment

This will be the first time I will attempt to use the firmware update. Do I have to go back and find the very first update and work my way up to the latest? I've had the camera for a year.
      www.markwelch.tv
      AF-100, CPM Sidewinder shoulder mount, Nikon 50mm, 35-70 f.2.8, Nikon 50-300 f4, Lumix 20 mm f1.7, 14-140 f4, Lectrosonics, Sound Devices Pix 240, Sound Devices MixPre, Arri lighting, Cobra dolly.

Comment

Has anyone checked to see if a zoom controller like the varizoom can zoom the x lenses? There was a discussion on this forum with Jan a while back and she said she was going to ask and see if it's even possible to implement, she didn't know. I never saw a response.
        Last edited by Brian@202020; 01-16-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Yeah, would be very useful to know that!
          Last edited by Gugulino; 01-16-2012, 10:40 AM.
          My YouTube-Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Brian@202020 View Post
            Has anyone checked to see if a zoom controller like the varizoom can zoom the x lenses? There was a discussion on this forum with Jan a while back and she said she was going to ask and see if it's even possible to implement, she didn't know. I never saw a response.
            I don't recall saying that I would look into this because I really don't see how it would interface. There is no Zoom input on the camera, so how would the controller talk to the lens?

So in short the answer would be probably no, it cannot control the zoom.

Best,

jan
            Jan Crittenden Livingston
            Panasonic System Communications Corporation
            Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jan_Crittenden View Post
              I don't recall saying that I would look into this because I really don't see how it would interface. There is no Zoom input on the camera, so how would the controller talk to the lens?
              http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...ew-zoom-lenses
              Last edited by Ed Kishel; 01-17-2012, 09:20 PM.
              azvideoworks.com

Comment

Panasonic designs a m4/3 lens with a servo zoom- branded "HD" for optomized video recording. But then they can't get it's flagship m4/3 video camera to utilize that servo via its S/S remote port. That's unfortunate... as it would open the AF up to event shooters- who don't have the luxury of the time needed for changing out primes during a shoot. A teeny-tiny toggle switch on the side of a lens is no match for a good Varizoom rocker switch.
                azvideoworks.com

Comment

Is there Firmware update Log available?
                  Someone post the link what exactly the New Firmware is offering.
                  Anyway I am updating my AF100 in next few minutes, but need to know what is it for.
                  Thanks in advance!

Comment

Excuse my ignorance!
                    got it here http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?272199-New-V-1.16-AF-100-101-Firmware-out-now.

thanks

Comment

Hi Ed, That post is about the zooms working at all not through the control port. There is not control port and at the time of that post, the zooms were not working with the AF100 very well. That is what I was attempting to say, obviously I was not clear. So the answer about being able to control the zoom remains the same, there is not port aand thus no control.
                      Jan Crittenden Livingston
                      Panasonic System Communications Corporation
                      Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

Comment

It has been a while since I did an update to the camera and I can't seem to get this one to work. I have a Mac, I downloaded the file and opened the .zip file with Keka. I then took the folder vsi5257k and placed it onto a newly formatted card. I loaded it into the camera and went to do the update. All I get is CHECK CARD and then nothing. I tried this a couple times and still get the same thing. What am I missing?

Comment

I think you should copy the whole directory "PRIVATE" from the ZIP-archive to the SD card at root level and replace the actual directory on the card. Another thing is that the AF100 looks only for an update-file in slot 1. If you consider these things and you have already firmware 1.15 installed it should work.
                          My YouTube-Channel

Comment

thank's for the clarification- servo lens control isn't critical for me, but I know some who would love that feature. Can't have everything I guess :p
                            azvideoworks.com

Comment

How is there no way to connect remotes to the Af100 exactly? On the back there is a Super mini jack S/S port for zoom remotes, and a 3.5mm jack for Focus/iris control. I would hope that they would work because Panasonic's website says it works with the 2 powerzoom X lenses. (*1: A compatible camera remote connected to CAM REMOTE S/S jack can control ZOOM.)
                              http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/af100...atibility.html

Comment

Working...
                              X