Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Jimerson
    replied
    How are you watching the clip? Is it in FCP? It could also be a rewrap error.

Looks like you've got the problem solved, but next time, try watching the .mts file in a media player and see if the problem is there. Might save you a bit of time if you need only re-import into FCP or something.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk Teflon
    replied
    Can something like this happen if you make a disk image of the card? I only ask because we commonly make disk images, confirm the footage, then sometimes format the card before the previous shoot has been fully edited. I didn't know if this was something that could happen on multiple levels.

Leave a comment:

• Barry_Green
    replied
    Originally posted by Ed Kishel View Post
    any suggestions for such a program (for windows)?
    Only one I can think of offhand is Shotput Pro.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Kishel
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Yep, those kinds of things are nearly always computer errors. That's why I say if you want to be safe you should use a data-verifying copy program to copy your footage over. Glad to hear the original footage is fine!
    any suggestions for such a program (for windows)?

Leave a comment:

• GraphicPlanet
    replied
    Thanks Barry!

Leave a comment:

• Barry_Green
    replied
    Yep, those kinds of things are nearly always computer errors. That's why I say if you want to be safe you should use a data-verifying copy program to copy your footage over. Glad to hear the original footage is fine!

Leave a comment:

• GraphicPlanet
    replied
    Re-imported from Card and the Artifact isn't there. Thank God! So I just have to pay attention to my transfers. Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• GraphicPlanet
    replied
    Thankfully I didn't format the card. Watching InCamera Playback and it's not there. About to re-import. Wondering if the hard drive I used to capture the footage is too slow.

Leave a comment:

• Jan_Crittenden
    replied
    Try reimporting the file into the timeline. See if that makes a difference.

Leave a comment:

• GraphicPlanet
    replied
    Barry, I don't know. Not sure if I noticed it when I shot.

Leave a comment:

• Barry_Green
    replied
    Does it look that way from in-camera playback, or only after it's been transferred to a computer?

Leave a comment:

• GraphicPlanet
    started a topic Digital Artifacts on a frame...

Digital Artifacts on a frame...

Getting digital artifacts on a frame every once in a while. I'm shooting on my AF100 with my 14-140 lens. This doesn't seem to happen with my prime lenses. No 100% sure but haven't found any using my 25 or 45. I'm also using Sandisk 32G Extreme 10 Class SD Cards. Any ideas?
    Attached Files
Working...
X